Wanted: Blue Ox and Brake Buddy

Buy - Sell - Barter - Trade
Got something to sell or need to buy something? Here's the place to do it.

Wanted: Blue Ox and Brake Buddy

Postby bikerchic777 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:25 pm

I'm getting ready to have the tow plate put on my Dodge Dakota. I'm trying to find a good deal on a Blue Ox and Brake Buddy. I need the tow bar to be rated for 5,000 lbs., but I'll take one for 10,000 lbs if it's a good price. Please let me know ASAP if you have these for sale. Thanks!
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Re: Wanted: Blue Ox and Brake Buddy

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:27 am

I bought my brake buddy on ebay at a really good price. Call RV repair places and see if they have any Blue Ox tow bars. Mine here in Kerrville always has several for sale.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby bikerchic777 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:01 pm

retiredhappy wrote:I bought my brake buddy on ebay at a really good price. Call RV repair places and see if they have any Blue Ox tow bars. Mine here in Kerrville always has several for sale.

Thanks for the tip! I have been watching Craig's List. I have never bought anything on Ebay. I'm not set up with Pay Pal. Is it easy? We don't have a lot of RV repair places here in IA, but I will call around. My appt. at the hitch place is on Monday. They do have a Blue Ox for me if I don't find one for a better price. I still need the Brake Buddy. Maybe I can find a deal on one.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

bikerchic777

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:37 am

Oh, I buy on eBay - it's easy- and you can get good deals. Just have to know what you're purchasing. Setting up Paypal is easy also.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:44 am

Also check PPL for a price on the brake buddy if you can't find one used....that's where I got mine, best price I could find. And yes, paypal is easy to set up. I know some folks that link it to their bank account instead of a credit card, but that seems dangerous to me.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby bikerchic777 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:44 pm

Thanks for the advice, girls! I will check around.

bikerchic777

Return to Trading Post