SOLD - SALE PENDING - 2008 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17'

Buy - Sell - Barter - Trade
Got something to sell or need to buy something? Here's the place to do it.

SOLD - SALE PENDING - 2008 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17'

Postby Birdie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:26 pm

I am selling my Egg since I was fortunate enough to find "Bunkie". Here are the photos, followed by the particulars. Let me know if you know of anyone, including yourself, that would be interested in this cutie.

Exterior of the Egg

Front Dinette

One of the storage areas beneath the front dinette

Front Dinette looking to the Rear Dinette

Rear Dinette showing Pergo flooring I had installed

Entertainment shelf in the back over the back dinette

Stove top with mod for space

Cutlery drawer with stove top

Storage under sink showing furnace placement

Microwave showing door mod for space

Upper storage area showing mod of door down on open

Refrigerator

Bathroom, shower and commode

Closet which is next door to bathroom

There is storage overhead along the around the wall on all sides right above the windows. I actually took these photos for the Casita site and didn't include any shots of the storage. I'll add them if someone is interested.

Here are the particulars:
I am the original owner. I have made frequent long weekend trips all over south Texas, up to Oklahoma, over thru New Mexico, to Arizona several times. I have been full-timing since August. I tow with a 2007 Toyota, 4Runner, SR5 with the tow package. Price is $14,950, if there are included items that you aren’t interested in we can leave them out. E-mail me at kc5cbzATyahoo.com.

This Casita has all the standard items included on a 17’ Spirit Deluxe in 2008. In addition, the following factory options were ordered for this Egg:
Interior Convenience Package (Range Cover, Sink Cover, TV Antenna with Amplifier, TV Shelf, Cable Ready), Accessory Package (Water Hose, Bubble Levels, Blowout Plug, Water Pressure Regulator), Furnace, Awning, Water Heater Upgrade – gas or electric with Electric Ignition, Fresh Water Tank upgrade to 25 gallons, Outside Shower, High Lift Axle, Sway Bar, Fantastic Roof Vent with Reverse upgrade (thermostat control), Vinyl flooring.

I have made the following enhancements:
Maxx Air Vent cover over Fantastic Fan, relocated fire extinguisher (just outside closet door), changed door above microwave to open down (previously opened up), microwave door modification (removed chain links on door and replaced with wooden support under door for more flat space), microwave and toaster/convection oven, changed out interior light covers to clear and lights to LEDs, modified stove cover to prop up and place sink cover in to create additional flat space, installed reflective heat/sun shade on windows, installed light colored Pergo over the vinyl flooring – it can be removed to use vinyl if desired.

I will include these items:
Tire covers, tongue lock, tongue chock, sewer hose to sewer adapter, kit for the grey water tank vapor lock fix, black water water hose, small battery operated air pump can be used to add air to tires or blow out water from the water lines (winterize), extendable mirrors for tow vehicle, 30 amp to 110 converter, 50 amp to 30 amp converter.

The mother ship is here: http://www.casitatraveltrailers.com/
Last edited by Birdie on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Re: Birdie's Egg is 4 sale - 2008 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17'

Postby Getupngo » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:25 pm

Nancy, where is this trailer? I have a friend that may be interested.
I'm sending him the particulars.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Birdie » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:19 am

The Egg is in Schertz, TX, just north of San Antonio. I would be willing to discuss either deliverying or meeting the buyer part way. However, that depends if I sell my Toyota, my tow vehicle, before or after the Egg. I can't tow the 4Runner behind "Bunkie" so I need to sell it and get a toad. Since it was cold down here last night, I am motivated to sell both items so I can get to the warm part of TX, i.e. the Rio Grand Valley area. What's cold? 21 degrees :o
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Postby islandmomma » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:18 pm

Birdie, not to discourage you but it was 31 in the Valley last night lol. I am in La Feria and had to dig out my gloves and extra heaters last night!! What was the story about Texas being warm??!

BTW, your egg looks very nice...Sure hope you find an early buyer :)

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby Birdie » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:56 pm

Well Jan, that would be 10 degrees warmer than here!! :mrgreen: I think I might go down to SPI and see if I can park at Casa Blanca County Park and then go dig a hole in the sand on the beach. Water would be warmer than 31 so maybe the sand would treat me nice like a turtle. I did get my flannel lined pants out and layered like crazy. Hope you warm up quickly.

How long are you staying in the valley? I plan to be down there sometime after the 6th of January. Maybe we can do a GTG. Will be birding with a group of 6 the later part of January.

I, too hope for an early sale. I need a toad. Also, need to sell my 4Runner.
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Postby islandmomma » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:28 am

I am here until January 1 and then in San Antonio till the 9th of January so we shall likely be as ships passing in the night lol. Planning to hit SPI for a day trip or two but did you hear, there is an advisory about taking dogs there?

Sun is out today so I am dreaming on warm lol!!

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby Birdie » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:57 pm

I am here at Stone Creek until January 6th, then head for the valley. Maybe we can find a cup of coffee here before I leave and after you get here. We could probably get Karen to come in and maybe we could convince Diana to drive down from Austin.
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:34 pm

I'd love to come down BUT can't leave Kerrville early as I'm waiting for Carole to get back from the coast so we can leave for Florida. Will be leaving Kerrville on the 4th of Jan and be in Palestine the night of the 4th to meet up with Diana (Mtngirl). I can hardly wait to hit the road in Jan. Never been to Florida before. FUN, FUN, FUN.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:38 pm

Maybe you should put a price for the truck and casita together? Some would like that package deal! Just a thought.

Good luck.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Birdie » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:59 pm

Well, Beth, tis a good idea, but you know while you were typing that, I was over in Kerrville, visiting with Karen. You know what happens when I go visit with Karen? It costs me. And you know I figure that Mtngal is partly to blame because we were going to F-Burg and meet her for lunch, but she got sick and cancelled. That left me totally at Karen's mercy! This time I traded my Toyota for a 2009 Ford Edge SEL AWD as a toad.

Just kidding around. It was a good deal and though I cried because I had to sell the Toyota, I really loved that car, it had to be done. I needed a TOAD - now I have one. Just need to get it hooked up.

God is good, all is well. But more good new, I have a sale pending on the Egg. A gentleman in Seattle has said he will send me a Cashier's check. I fully expect that he will and I will be ready for the rest of my life :D Woo hoo.
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Re: SALE PENDING - 2008 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17'

Postby Bethers » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:13 am

Wooohooo Nancy, that is excellent news. (Not going to comment on the Karen and spending money part - she'd kick my butt - and, btw, where has she been, haven't seen a post from her? - hmmm, might have to kick HER butt).

Again, Congrats. How kewl is that - a new toad for you - AND the casita sold so quickly. Wishing you that the check arrives quickly.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:20 am

Birdie forgot to also tell that I got her onto Ebay and she bought a tow bar and is looking at Brake Buddies. My new career - spending OTHER people's money.
Fredericksburg today to meet Mtngirl (Diana) for lunch. Sprinter came over the other evening and we sat around yakking and drinking wine. Good times.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 am

Ah, nothing as relaxing and friendly as southern Texas in the wintertime..........
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Liz » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 am

O happy day! That's great news!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby mtngal » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:27 pm

I heard that Birdie!!!!! :lol:

Seriously, congrats on fast sale of Casita, that's great news. :)
Diana
mtngal

Next

Return to Trading Post