SOLD - SALE PENDING - 2008 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17'

Buy - Sell - Barter - Trade
Got something to sell or need to buy something? Here's the place to do it.

Re: SALE PENDING - 2008 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17'

Postby Echo » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:22 pm

Birdie the more I think of this the more I worry. I don't want to rain on your happiness? But!! Be very careful until you get that cashiers check in hand AND it clears the bank before you sign over anything to that buyer!!!! I've read to of to many people getting scammed that way. Going thru the sell ads on Craigslist.com there is a big huge disclaimer right at the top of the pages,

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee

I know that you've probably see the banner. but I just wanted to make sure. Never ever would I want to see you get ripped off.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Liz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:30 am

Good advice Echo. Even if your bank accepts and cashes the cashiers check, you still have to make sure it clears, or your bank will come back to you for it.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:31 pm

Another possibility - I sold my scooter on Craig's list - he paid via paypal - the money went right into my account. And paypal will tell you when it's cleared if it's paid by check, etc. But in my case, I didn't ship it for way longer then the time it took to clear, but that was just the way the shipping worked, not planned that way. Dot your i's, cross your t's, but I've not been screwed on Craig's list or ebay or any ad, just have been careful. Shoot, I bought my rv from an ad and a personal party.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Oh, and Karen - I love your new career - am good at that myself :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Previous

Return to Trading Post