5th wheel and Truck

Buy - Sell - Barter - Trade
Got something to sell or need to buy something? Here's the place to do it.

5th wheel and Truck

Postby Mollysmom » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Hi - I'm done RV'ing. I'm not enjoying it and want to go home to Iowa. I can't live in the RV in Iowa and can't afford to have an apartment and the RV so guess I have to sell.
I have a Montana 3465 SA and a Chevy Silverado 3500HD with dual rear wheels
The 5th wheel does not have recliners or a TV in the bedroom or day/night shades on the rear window.
What it does have is a built in generator, remote control from jacks, rear stabilizers and slides - inside I have a fireplace, a oven plus microwave/convection oven - there a couch that makes into a very comfy bed, a table and 4 chairs, lots of storage oh and there a washer/dryer combo in the bedroom.
The truck is awesome - it has power, heated leather seats - XM Radio - cruise control - power windows and mirrors. It has the big backseat (crew cab)
there is some damage (thanks to my sisters) the tailgate is bent, it closes and locks, it just is a bit bent out of shape (un-hitching without lower the tailgate) and one of the "hips" is dented (small opening, big truck) It runs great and I think it has something like 13,000 miles on it. There a ReTrax bed cover that needs to be fixed - one of the brackets came off so it'd be a matter of pushing it back a bit and re-installing the bracket. It works, it's just a little off kilter.
PM me if interested and I'll come up with some prices.
I don't have any new pictures to share right now, but if someone were interested I'd get off my lazy butt and take them ! It's on the list for my next days off.
Thanks !!!
Mollysmom

Re: 5th wheel and Truck

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:06 pm

Trudy, I had no idea you were so unhappy. But isn't it good that you did discover that full-timing isn't for you? I plugged in your model number for your Keystone, and looked at the pics online. What a wonderful layout it is! I love it. However, my truck would certainly not pull it.

Maybe after you get back to Iowa and get settled, you will be able to afford a small weekend camper type of RV so you can still get out on the roads, meet up with us, and camp, rather than live alone in such a huge RV. I can see where it would be difficult to maintain such a huge and heavy rig and truck all by yourself. And I guess your work camping job didn't turn out so good? Sigh----but you never know unless you try, and you did try!

Stay in touch, and send us some pics of your stuff and some sort of price for the combination of them both----truck and 5th wheel. You have a bunch of great things on it and in it! And your truck is like brand new.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Paulette » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:57 pm

Trudy, I'm really sorry to hear that you are giving up the fulltiming :cry: , but sure do hope you'll get some sort of smaller camper and keep on camping. I wish you much luck on the selling. There are lots of places you can post it. Not sure what they all are right now, but sure you could find them if you googled.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:29 pm

So sorry to hear you're not enjoying RVing. You could try posting on Craig's List a nd Ebay Motors. Only take a Cashier's check and make sure its not a forgery BEFORE signing the title over. Maybe better to put on a consignment lot. For me, its actually cheaper to live in my RV in an RV park than to live in my house and I have all the amenities at the park and no yard work.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Barbzeee » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:38 am

Trudy, Sorry to read this news.. there's a lot of if's .. no one can say "What's good for you".. Although most of us feel that perhaps if you would have been around more friends in working and places you stayed.. perhaps you would have had a different outcome.. Like summer time at home around your family and winter time head to an area where lots of your On line friends are.. But Trudy, I wish you the best in your decisions.. maybe another time in your life too.. you might get a small TT and come visit lots of us at GTG...

God Bless
Zeee

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby cnanago » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:19 am

Trudy
I am so so sorry to hear you have been so unhappy, and like was said, perhaps if you had been with friends, it would'nt have been so lonely.
But, you sure have had some experiences and I hope some happy ones and you will be missed. You have been a ray of sunshine
and lots of us have learned a great deal through your inquiries and your experiences, thanks for being you.

May God Bless you now and forever.
Good Luck
Remember- Keep smiling-
They'll wonder what you're up to.

Micheline, Buster (Maltese) and Miss Daisy (Shitzu)
cnanago

Postby oliveoil » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:51 pm

Trudy------ Trudy------ Trudy-------- my little sweetie------- hope you got your home on wheels sold---- & are enjoying where you are----
PM me if you get a chance!!!!! love ya---- OO
oliveoil

Postby Mollysmom » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:46 pm

SOLD !! WOO HOO !!
Mollysmom

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:02 pm

CONGRATULATIONS, Trudy! Now you can really get goin' on this newest phase of your life!

mitch5252

Return to Trading Post