Inflatable Kayak w/Accessories - SOLD

Buy - Sell - Barter - Trade
Got something to sell or need to buy something? Here's the place to do it.

Inflatable Kayak w/Accessories - SOLD

Postby monik7 » Mon May 04, 2015 3:00 pm

I have had to come to the sad conclusion that my Rheumatoid Arthritis has gotten to a point where I am now unable to use my kayak. The kayak and all accessories are 2 years old but have been in the water only two times totaling about 3 hours. So it's about as close to new as you can get. What I have is about all you'd need to get started with the fun of kayaking. Following is an inventory of the items:

-- Advanced Elements Advanced Frame Single-Person Kayak AE 1012-R - Length: 10'5"; Width: 32"; Folded: 30"x17"x10"; 36 lbs.; Maximum Weight: 300 lbs. Comes in a carrying bag.
-- Advanced Elements 4-Part Paclight Paddle
-- Advanced Elements Upgraded Kayak Seat w/Lumbar Support
-- Advanced Elements Spray Skirt (keeps you dry and legs shaded)
-- Advanced Elements Double-Action Pump w/Gauge
-- Stearns Avant 200 PFD (life vest) Size: Small/Medium
-- Nomad Malone Standard Universal Cart (collapsible and can be carried under the bungee net on top of kayak)
-- 10 Liter Dry Bag
-- 5 Liter Dry Bag
-- 1 Liter Dry Bag
-- GPS or Phone Small Dry Bag
-- Carrying Bag to carry all your stuff backpack style (homemade). Holds everything except the kayak and the cart.

I'm asking $375 for everything.
Here's the kayak folded next to the carrying bag. Sorry it cuts off. Don't know how to fix that. If you'd like the pics emailed, I can do that.

Unfolded

Already to go

Accessories

I know these pics aren't the best so if your interested and need more information or more detailed pics, just ask.
Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Mon May 11, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Re: Inflatable Kayak w/Accessories

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon May 04, 2015 4:43 pm

For those that have not tried the Advance Element, they handle very much like a hard sided kayak. They are easy to manuver and don't take up much room in a rig. The only suggestion I would make to anyone considering kayaking is to research paddles. Many of the ones that come as part of a standard package are heavier than older arms need to lift...repeatively. :roll: Always good to have a back up or loaner a paddle though.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby MandysMom » Mon May 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Sounds like a great package. I'm not in a position to acquire it, but I bet someone else is. All the best to you Sandi.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby monik7 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:56 pm

BirdbyBird wrote:For those that have not tried the Advance Element, they handle very much like a hard sided kayak. They are easy to manuver and don't take up much room in a rig. The only suggestion I would make to anyone considering kayaking is to research paddles. Many of the ones that come as part of a standard package are heavier than older arms need to lift...repeatively. :roll: Always good to have a back up or loaner a paddle though.....

The paddle I have for sale is NOT part of a package (in fact each item was purchased individually following research) and is described as lighter weight causing less fatigue and physical exertion. I'm probably older than most people on this forum and didn't find it too heavy.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon May 04, 2015 5:48 pm

Sandi, good to let folks know. I think the right paddle is an important issue and often overlooked. That increases the value of the package you are offering even more! :)
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Mon May 04, 2015 9:38 pm

Sandi, If I didn't already have mine, I'd jump all over this. VERY good price - excellent kayak and accessories.

If ANY of you are thinking about getting one - take a close look at this.

And, very sorry you can't use it :(
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bikerchic777 » Tue May 05, 2015 10:31 pm

Ooh! If I didn't already have a Stearns, I'd be interested. I'm thinking of selling my hard kayak. Tired of lugging it around for as little as I get to use it, now. Would keep my ergonomic, lightweight paddle, tho ;) Bet if you posted it on some of the RVing groups, on Facebook, you'd get it sold.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby snowball » Tue May 05, 2015 10:37 pm

If I'd not had the stuff go on coming north this year I think I'd jump on it
been wanting to try them out dang Sandi your timing is off :lol:
sheila
snowball

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed May 06, 2015 8:55 pm

Linda is right . It would be wonderful for someone on this forum to jump on this fantastic offer but if no one does you won't have to worry about someone wanting the Advance Element. All they need to do is check out the reviews to find out how highly recommended it is and the quality of the product. Both Nan and I have one and they track well in the water and as Linda mentioned they travel down the road folded up in a fairly small space. The skirt is also really nice for keeping the spray of even gentle white water from soaking you..... And with several of us traveling west this summer and meeting up in Oregon and/or Sharon making her drive east ...there are more than several ways a kayak could make it way across the country. :)
BirdbyBird

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:36 am

Sandi
I would have loved this, but I just bought exactly the same kayak two weeks ago!!

However, I showed it to my neighbor and she would like to buy it from you. Would you please send me an email so that we can see how to conclude the sale. Thanks so much

Rosemary
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu May 07, 2015 5:34 pm

Yay! Isn't it nice that so many of us have good taste in equipment... :)
BirdbyBird

Postby bikerchic777 » Thu May 07, 2015 11:21 pm

That was easy!
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Return to Trading Post