SOLD Tire Pressure Monitoring System & Rocking Chair-SOLD

Buy - Sell - Barter - Trade
Got something to sell or need to buy something? Here's the place to do it.

SOLD Tire Pressure Monitoring System & Rocking Chair-SOLD

Postby Liz » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:43 pm

Tire pressure monitor system has been sold. Rocking chair still available.

Folding, padded rocking chair. Asking $25, plus shipping if needed.

Same chair on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Products-13-6803-Cambria-Padded-Rocker/dp/B0083G3B18

I will have both items at the Oct. 27 FL GTG, or can deliver if you are on my route to the SW.
Last edited by Liz on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Tire Pressure Monitoring System & Rocking Chair

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Liz, if I may ask.....what changed your mind on the tire tracking system? I have one for my rig but have never gotten the extra monitors for my car......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Liz » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Tina,
As I was installing them, I inadvertently let all the air out of one of the car tires (nitrogen) and some of the air out of one of the RV tires. I decided I didn't know what I was doing, so removed them all. I was going to have my RV place install them correctly for me, but decided I was more comfortable checking them manually and inspecting them visually as I have always done. I did buy an air compressor capable of filling the RV tires when needed. So that's my story. :roll:
Liz
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:33 pm

In other words, the peace of mind they'll give someone else (at a great, great price) isn't your peace of mind, Liz. :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:15 pm

I love my tire monitoring system. I have had it for 6 years and need to send my sensors in to get new batteries (still working but for how long?). I have the Pressure Pro system. I just turn it on before I leave and can scroll up and down and see what tire pressure is in each tire. Mine doesnt measure temperature but I am ok with that. I still visually inspect all my tires before I take off but this gives me great peace of mind.

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:30 pm

When the batteries started going on my pressure pro system I checked the price of replacing the sensors and found that I could get a new system for the same amount. I was told that I couldn't just replace the batteries on my old system but had to replace the entire sensor.... :?
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby JoanE » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Whatever method you use, be sure your tires are properly inflated. Mine were exactly at the right pressure and Michelin asked the dealer for every tire's pressure when mine delaminated.
ImageMaggie Mae (Jack Russell "terror")
http://www.emptyponder.blogspot.com
JoanE

Postby Nasoosie » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Liz wrote:Tina,
As I was installing them, I inadvertently let all the air out of one of the car tires (nitrogen) and some of the air out of one of the RV tires. I decided I didn't know what I was doing, so removed them all. I was going to have my RV place install them correctly for me, but decided I was more comfortable checking them manually and inspecting them visually as I have always done. I did buy an air compressor capable of filling the RV tires when needed. So that's my story. :roll:

And that's precisely where I am now too, even though I have a brand new tire monitoring system with four sensors (as my truck came with its own system) Which I bought several years ago and have never used. I, too, have an air compressor which I can top off all my trailer tires with as needed, and I always check them before each trip. So I also have a brand new system anyone can look at at any GTG in FL!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Dell » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:48 pm

Question: When you visually check your tires...what are you looking for? As a veteran of three flat tires within a month and now the owner of six brand new tires, what should I be looking for when I check the air pressure? I mean, the original tires looked fine to me. How do I know a tire is bad before it leaves me roadside again? Thanks. 8-Dell
Dell

Postby Gentleladybear » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:36 am

Always check the wall of your tires for cracks, little fine crackle lines. You may have a ton of tread but the walls of the tires is where the danger is. We worry about tread on our cars but not so on the motorhome tires. I always use a 5 year timeline for my tires on the motorhome, by then you should really start looking for the fine cracks. When you purchase new tires, be sure you check the button date of those tires. Found that some tire places put tires on that have been on the shelf for several years.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Liz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:53 am

Gentleladybear wrote:Always check the wall of your tires for cracks, little fine crackle lines. You may have a ton of tread but the walls of the tires is where the danger is. We worry about tread on our cars but not so on the motorhome tires. I always use a 5 year timeline for my tires on the motorhome, by then you should really start looking for the fine cracks. When you purchase new tires, be sure you check the button date of those tires. Found that some tire places put tires on that have been on the shelf for several years.

This is especially true if you live in the south and your tires are exposed to the sun a lot, or sitting in one place a long time.
Liz
Liz

Postby JoanE » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Gentleladybear wrote:Always check the wall of your tires for cracks, little fine crackle lines. You may have a ton of tread but the walls of the tires is where the danger is. We worry about tread on our cars but not so on the motorhome tires. I always use a 5 year timeline for my tires on the motorhome, by then you should really start looking for the fine cracks. When you purchase new tires, be sure you check the button date of those tires. Found that some tire places put tires on that have been on the shelf for several years.

The cracks indicate "dry rot". That is what caused my tire to delaminate. My tires were only 3 years old with very little mileage and excellent tread.
ImageMaggie Mae (Jack Russell "terror")
http://www.emptyponder.blogspot.com
JoanE

Return to Trading Post