Most dangerous cake in the world

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Postby asirimarco » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:01 am

friend just sent me this - so thought I'd share - for the end of "one of those days."

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
Most dangerous cake recipe in the world
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using)and vanilla extract, and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous) why it's the most dangerous cake recipe in the world! Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!
asirimarco

Re: 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:29 am

Here's another quickie dessert when you just need a 'little something' sweet...as you can see, the ratio is 2:1 cake mix:water, so you can increase as desired (I think I use just a tad more water than recipe calls for). It's pretty darn good and beats having an entire cake laying around, seductively calling your name! The recipe is a knock-off of those expensive Betty Crocker Warm Delights. I keep an open bag of chocolate cake mix in a tightly sealed baggie in my pantry for those Sweet Emergencies we all occasionally have!

Homemade Mini Warm Delights

4 tablespoons cake mix
2 tablespoons water

If wanted:
fat free caramel sauce
fat free chocolate sauce
powdered sugar, reddi whip, etc.

Put 4 tablespoons of cake mix into a microwavable bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water. Mix well. Microwave for about 30 seconds. Let sit for 2 minutes. If desired add fat free caramel or chocolate sauce or fresh fruits with fat free reddi whip.

Number of Servings: 1
mitch5252

Postby Sparkle » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:28 am

When.I.was.desperate.for.cash.I.demo'd.products.for.Walmart's.(what.was.next...greeting.people.at.the.door?) :lol: Anyway.one.of.the.demo's.I.did.was.for.Warm.Delights.We.got.to.take.home.what.was.left.over.So.I.hid.the.Caramel.
ones.and.only.demo'd.the.ones.I.didn.t.care.for.Tut,tut.I'm.ashamed.of.myself,now. :oops:
Sparkle

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:41 am

Carol, some people love that recipe in the mug, but I found a whole egg made it taste too eggy. JMHO Have you tried it?
I still have a box of Ghiradelli brownie mix from my pre-weight loss days. Wonder if one could do something like this with a brownie mix? Hmmm..... ;)
PS I think Beth wil have to move this over to the recipe section...
AlmostThere

Postby Bethers » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:37 pm

moving this to the recipe section - where I'm going to "blend" it with the other topic on the same dessert :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Most dangerous cake in the world

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:01 pm

Sounds wonderful and here I am with none of the ingredients. UGH, I want Cake, and I want it now :)
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Liz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:06 am

And just how are you supposed to let it sit 2 minutes?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby islandmomma » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:54 am

LOL, Liz.... I bought flour and sugar yesterday and real vanilla.... I am in trouble for sure now!

jan

PS To solve the 'eggy' problem, one could always make two... :lol:
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:22 am

I used brownie mix; microwave cereal bowl;
4T mix and just enough water to make a brownie batter (just a tad thinner than normal brownie batter)
I set the microwave for one minute but checked it after 48 secs and it was done. I did let it sit about one min. before trying it and it was good!
AlmostThere

Postby Bethers » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:03 pm

Oh my gosh, Lenora, that's even easier! I think I'll have to buy some brownie mix - and just think, I can make a single portion! And don't even need the egg. Geez - and aren't I supposed to be eating less. Ha.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Beth, each of my GDs made their own and it turned out perfect every time. So far I've managed to only make it once for myself but it does call to me! :)
AlmostThere

Previous

Return to Recipes