Crock Pot Fiesta Bread :)

Crock Pot Fiesta Bread :)

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:29 am

Yes, you read that right.. Bread in a Crock Pot.. Just received this recipe.. have it on the agenda
to make this weekend..and I thought of my Sistahs... Now you can be driving down the Highway..Enjoying the Scenery and making bread too.. HA !...

God Bless.. and as always.. Enjoy

Zeee

Fiesta Bread
Cooking spray
2 c. reduced fat Bisquick
2/3 c. skim milk
1 TB taco seasoning

Spray 1.5 qt slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine Bisquick, milk and taco seasoning.
Spread into slow cooker. Cover and cook for one hour. (Assuming here it must be on High Settings)

Also I imagine you could also do an Herb and Garlic one.. Hey.. all kind of possibilities here.. (that's a gooder)

PS.. I dunno about the serving size.. if ya like me.. maybe (4) LOL.. Here's the stats anyway..

Yield: 8 servings. Per serving= 121 Calories; 2g Fat (14.7% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 389mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Re: Crock Pot Fiesta Bread :)

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:40 am

Okay, so I just put a batch in my crock pot...

I had just thrown out 3 packets of taco seasonings about 4 days ago! :(
I used smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little salt...

Will report back!

mitch5252

Postby sharon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:37 am

Waiting.......If it turns out I'm thinking cheese and garlic.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:46 am

I just took it out of the crock pot. The aroma when I lifted the lid was awesome. It's cooling now.
Sharon, if this tastes good, then adding cheese and FRESH garlic would be incredible!
Thanks, Zeeeeeeeeee, for sharing!

mitch5252

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:55 am

The texture is more like cornbread that regular bread, I guess sort of a combination of both, leaning heavily toward the cornbread texture, without all that good corn flavor. I thought I put in plenty of spice. Nope. Don't really even taste it. I think if you put a nice, big pat o' butter on it, while still warm, (and more spice) it would be really good. I just don't do butter.

If anyone else makes it, let us know your results, eh?

ON EDIT: NOW I taste the garlic...

mitch5252

Postby VickieP » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:44 am

mitch5252 wrote:..

Yeah, I smell your breath way down here! :lol:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Mitch... I might have known you'd be the first.. I know I kept thinking.. hey, if I can get back in time I could throw that baby together.. I mean simple.. hahaha.. It looks really good.. came out looking "Grand Prize Winner"..

Mitch wonder if that's why she used the taco seasoning..?

Sharon, I'm kinda with you on the Cheese although I'd do like Asiago and Parm combo.. with a hint of jalepino.. perhaps..

Now I can't wait to put that baby together... gonna check cubboards..yeppers.. to the store I go.. hahaha..

Tomorrow I'll post my results...

Vickie.. you're next HA !

God Bless
Zeee....

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

Barbzeee

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:17 pm

VickieP wrote:
mitch5252 wrote:..

Yeah, I smell your breath way down here! :lol:

That's your farts, ya Doofus...

And Zeeeeeeeee - yeah, I think the taco seasoning would have more flavor. I didn't have any, and it's soooo high in sodium...I can't wait to hear what you think!

mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:52 pm

I'm going to have to try this, too. I'll try the taco seasoning maybe - or play with some other spices - guess with the experiment so far, you need to put in a goodly amount of them. I like spicy - so might put in garlic, crushed red peppers and some others. I have something called Arizona Rub that I've used on lots of things - mainly meats - but the combination of spices in it might work too. I think the sodium in it is less than in the taco seasoning.

Maybe the flavor wasn't all there, Mitch, but it looks great.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby cpatinjones » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:01 pm

That looks like something I would try. I am not much on cooking and baking, I just soon eat a sandwich than cook. It has more to do with time, than actually cooking per se. I am trying to get rid of that attitude. I do like tasty, healthy foods, as well as the OTHER stuff. :twisted:
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Barbzeee » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:09 pm

Ok, I made the bread !... Yeppers.. I did.. no picture. why? cause camera is in the motorhome.. and guess where that is.. Yeppers.. being serviced.. DUH.. We're not to bright..( well on the doofus side)..

Ok, I added Garlic and Herb and Parm Cheese with Asiago shavings.. kind of folded the shavings into the mixture..

It's definitely a fast makin bread.. and the aroma .. WOW ... Now for the texture.. I found it to be on the order of
biscuit and cornbreadish.. Does that make sense..

Now what I did.. when I sliced it.. I toasted it in my Toaster Oven... That was good Yes, with a slab of "butter"

Mitch you could use "I can't believe it's not butter" or "Promise"... It was good.. lots of ideas could be done with this..

Made an Italian Soup for dunkin' .. Ya know I gots ta dunk !

Complaining to hubby at the moment.. maybe he'll be kind and on his way home stop by the RV dealer (which isn't out of his way) and bring my camera HOME.. HA..

I'm on another search for more Crock Pot recipes to make our lives easier and tastier...

Give this a try and see what you think... I'll be watchin'

God Bless "ALL"

Zeee

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

Barbzeee

Postby dpf » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:22 pm

I'm going to have to try this...

Mitch, here is a homemade taco seasoning recipe that you could control the sodium or use a salt replacement. I'm not fond of that stuff...always tastes like I'm sucking on bolts...such a metallic taste.

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:02 pm

dpf wrote:I'm going to have to try this...

Mitch, here is a homemade taco seasoning recipe that you could control the sodium or use a salt replacement. I'm not fond of that stuff...always tastes like I'm sucking on bolts...such a metallic taste.

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Thanks! I think I'll mix up a batch and leave off the salt (or most of it, anyways) - I have everything on hand.
I'd rather do without any salt rather than the salt substitue! To quote Soos - ACK!

mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:19 pm

Mitch, I rarely use salt too - if it needs it - would rather add it at the table, where you just add a tiny bit. Then my blood pressure goes low and I get a salt craving- that's when I buy potato chips :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:39 pm

I just read this post and had to try it asap, so I have a loaf in my crockpot as I type. I used Cajun seasoning (homemade w/o salt) and fine shredded sharp cheddar cheese. I wasn't sure of the amount of seasoning so I went lighter rather than heavy. I'll let you know how mine turned out! I'm thinking it'll taste allot like bisquits as Bisquick and milk is pretty much the recipe for those.

I did take some pictures of my loaf but must admit that it looked pretty much like Mitch's. I did find out that my crockpot has a side that isn't heating evenly as about 3/4 of the crust got pretty brown and the rest stayed white.

AlmostThere

Next

Return to Recipes