Mexican Cheesecake Update

Mexican Cheesecake Update

Postby GlennaRae » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:23 am

Made the cheesecake. Way too much sugar and cinnamon on top. Put the melted butter on top, springled sugar cinnamon mixture. Was overwhelming, could not taste the cheesecake, also gritty. Will not make it again.
GlennaRae

Re: Mexican Cheesecake Update

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:30 am

Thanks for letting us know and saving us all that ingredient money! :)

mitch5252

Re: Mexican Cheesecake Update

Postby dpf » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:21 am

Just checked my recipe for the cheesecake bars and it's slightly different. I've never had any trouble with it being grainy. The egg yolk in the cream cheese batter could help emulsify it. I know that I cut the amount of sugar in the mix to about 3/4 of a cup and for the topping I just sprinkle on the cinnamon and sugar that I keep mixed in a shaker for toast and I don't put on anywhere close to 1/4 cup. The egg white makes the top kind of crispy like those "elephant ear" rolls that I just adore! When I first took the bars to potlucks I had to give out the recipe many times...it that's any indication of if they're good or not.

2 tubes crescent rolls
2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cup sugar, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg, separated
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Open and lay 1 tube of crescent rolls in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, making sure to seal the perforations. Combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, egg yolk and vanilla, mixing thoroughly.
Pour cream cheese mixture over layer of crescent rolls. Open and layout second tube of crescent rolls on a piece of waxed paper. Seal all the perforations. Place this layer over the cream cheese layer, peeling off the waxed paper.

Slightly beat egg white and brush over the top. Combine 1/4 cup sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle on top.

Bake at 350 degrees 25-30 minutes. Cool and store in the refrigerator.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Return to Recipes