Crunchy Onion Pork Chops

Crunchy Onion Pork Chops

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 pm

There are too good not to share. I've made the recipe now three times and we still love it. I got the receipe over on rv.net, and it was originally from the French's website. I personally think the 20 minutes is a few minutes too many. Comments are not mine...
__________________________________________________________________________________________

This recipe was made at one of our recent DOGs (Dutch Oven Gatherings) and the cook shared it with me. Tonight DW and I made the pork chops for dinner and they just as awesome as they were at the DOG last weekend. The recipe is from the "French's" website. It's a super easy recipe.

Crunchy Onion Pork Chops

2 cups "French's French Fried Onions"
2 tbls. flour
4 1/2 inch thick pork chops
1 egg - beaten

Place "French's French Fried Onions" and flour into a gallon zipper storage bag. Lightly crush with hands or rolling pin. Transfer to pie plate or waxed paper.

Dip pork chops into beaten egg then coat with onion crumbs, pressing frimly to adhere. Place pork chops on foiled lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until no longer pink in center

mitch5252

Re: Crunchy Onion Pork Chops

Postby Bethers » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:56 am

I've made these - and steaks with the french's onions on them - as well as chicken - without ever seeing a recipe - I just love those onions! Haven't done it in a long time - so now, I know I'll have to! I never used the flour, but bet the mixture will stick better with it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Crunchy Onion Pork Chops

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:37 pm

What I did the last time I made these, was to put the crushed onions on a piece of Pam'd foil, dip the chops in the beaten egg, lay them on top of the onions on the foil and then coat the top of the chops with more onions and press down. It was easier and less messy. Turned out just as tasty!
mitch5252

Return to Recipes