Slow cook steel cut oats

Postby Shirlv » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:20 pm

Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Re: Slow cook steel cut oats

Postby snowball » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:41 pm

was going to comment on this last night but I think I forgot I was going to or something happened not sure why
I think I saw the same article had some good ideas... I would like to try this but mom doesn't have a slow cooker and for that matter neither do I :roll: and I'm not sure she would like the texture of the steel cut oats her teeth seem to bother her now me I would love them oh and silly women doesn't like cranraisens :o but one day I hope to try them
sheila
snowball

Postby Shirlv » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:51 pm

Sheila, I couldn’t live without my slow cooker, have accumulated 3 different sizes over the years. Have liners so don’t have to wash heavy cockpit. Just wash lid, that isn’t heavy lol. I deny like cranberries, love apples.I don’t care for regular oatmeal it’s too mushy. The texture of steel cit is what I like. Different strokes for different folks. Lol
Shirl
Maryland

Shirlv

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:10 pm

I am so not a fan of oats of any kind LOL I make cobbler and I put a pastry on it. Dont like oatmeal anything cookies.....I know almost everyone loves them. I can do cream of wheat occasionally but hot cereal isnt my thing But you enjoy
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Shirlv » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:04 pm

Lol don’t know why I post recipes. The only people that respond are the ones who say they don’t like ingredients.
Shirl
Maryland

Shirlv

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:13 pm

It is like reviews most of the people who post have issues with things . I suspect a great deal love that recipe you posted. I actually have tried to like it but I think it is a texture thing for me. And what is funny is your other recipe has the ONLY food i just cannot eat, cottage cheese. LOL People love cottage cheese and it always looks so good with fruit. But I cannot do it and I am pretty much an anything goes kind of gal. Now I could eat the oats but never the cottage cheese. I even put ricotta in my lasagna instead of cottage cheese. BUT I would be willing to try it in the blender like you said because then there would be no curds LOL I dont like buttermilk either but I make a good dressing with it so ya just never know. I know I eat a lot of combinations that lots of people dont fancy My poor southern friend tried all kinds of combinations to get me to like grits when we were back there, we put all kinds of things in it but it was still a no go. I could eat it but didnt enjoy it
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Shirlv » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:25 am

Sorry Karen, 87/and packing/moving not a good combination. One of those regret posts
Shirl
Maryland

Shirlv

Return to Recipes