slow cooked chicken burrito bowls

slow cooked chicken burrito bowls

Postby snowball » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:10 pm

at least I think that is what it was called :lol: and not only that I didn't write down the instructions so we will try and logically saw what to do... I don't have a slow cooker so did it on the stove top
1-11/2 lb boneless skinless chicken be it breast or thighs your choice it did say breasts but later on said whatever you want
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 C chicken broth may need more
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 15 oz. black beans drained and rinsed
1 C. uncooked brown rice
1 C. frozen corn
put the chicken, tomatoes, broth, chili powder, salt, cumin in the slow cooker and cook on low for however long then add the beans , rice, and corn and cook till rice is done you may need to add more broth at this time or later depending upon the rice and it's cooking... shred the chicken and top it with the normal toppings that you would put on taco's or taco salad or anything else... I found that the rice didn't cook in the hour I gave it I was disappointed in that part of the dish... it tasted good as well she said that when reheating it might want to roll it up burrito style and she did put the rice in later instead of all at once so that the rice didn't over cook
sheila
snowball

Return to Recipes