Fresh Asparagus

Fresh Asparagus

Postby Shirlv » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:55 pm

I learned something new so in case you didn’t know
Read Julia Child said peel asparagus lengthwise with a vegetable peeler. I did, tossed with olive oil, garlic powder pepper and cooked in air fryer. It was very tender and could have been cooked less time than 7 min without the peel. per the grower I store asparagus upright in an inch of water in a glass vase from Dollar Tree. Will last weeks in fridge.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Re: Fresh Asparagus

Postby snowball » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:23 pm

sounds good ... we were at a cemetery one time and found some wild asparagus was so good raw... very tender... I can see peeling the larger stalks but what I've seen this year as been so thin if you peeled them there wouldn't be anything left :lol:
sheila
snowball

Postby Shirlv » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:21 am

Shelia, the grower here said the thin stalks are the last of asparagus. The local farm said asparagus ready mid April. Guess it has reached you yet. BJ always sells a big package of large stalks. I guess imported from somewhere else.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:55 pm

Shirl I had asparagus tonite with my salmon. I peeled it first before steaming. I think you just might be on to something. It was very tender but not overdone. I like this idea.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Return to Recipes