Bread Machine recipe and tips

Bread Machine recipe and tips

Postby Redetotry » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:31 pm

The recipe is for a machine that makes a small loaf of bread but maybe it could be doubled for a larger machine. The following are some things I have discovered while trying for a consistent loaf.
The type of flour I use and being sure to 'fluff' it before measuring plus the temperature of the liquid was the hardest part. So, I 'fluff' the flour by shaking the glass container I store it in and then I spoon it into the measuring cups and level with a knife. I use the packets of Fleishmann's rapid rise instant yeast and add it to the heated liquid along with the butter, then I add the flour, sugar and salt in that order. I use regular white flour and not bread flour. I don't know the brand as I buy it in bulk at our Coop. Also I heat my liquid in the microwave. I don't let the liquid (I use milk) set in the glass measuring cup while I get the other ingredients ready. I get everything out and the flour measured and then I heat the milk. While the milk is heating I get the butter cut in small pieces. If the cold liquid sets in it very long then the amount of time I need to heat it changes. For 1/2 cup of milk heating it for 45 seconds works perfect.

My recipe is from the old West Bend Just for Dinner machine that is no longer available except I have been lucky to find' new in box' ones on eBay over the years. I think I am on my third one. I hope this helps.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Return to Recipes