1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
3 C. heavy cream
2 tsp. Salt
2 T. tandoori seasoning
1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
1 tsp. Garam Masala
11/2 lb. Chicken breast cut into 1 inch chunks
2 T. oil
according to the poster she has changed a few things one instead of 1 C. butter ¼ C. butter....and 1 can of skim evaporated milk ...I can see decreasing the butter but not by that much I also didn't go with the canned milk... other reviewers did the process so it was in one pan not three I did that
directions
put the tandoori seasonings on the chicken ( l did it ahead of time) and let it marinate for half hour or so
cook the chicken partially remove from pan
cook the onion in some of the butter... add the garlic cook till caramelized about 15 minutes remove from pan... then prepare your sauce... melt the butter add tomato sauce and spices to it as well as heavy cream..note I handled the cream the same as you would eggs adding the heated sauce to it till they were at same temperature. The next time I want to cook the spices a bit then add the rest of the ingredients. You then add in the onion and chicken and cook about 30 minutes serve with rice

A Couple of Notes!!!
because I couldn't find the tandoori seasoning I use the substitution listed at top of page... someday I might find it and try it depending upon price
this time when I made it I used 2 C. cream and 1/2 C. half and half and 1/2 C. milk
it is very easy to make
sheila
snowball

Re: Butter Chicken taken off Allrecipes.com

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:24 am

Thank you for the recipe. I will have to go shopping before I can try it. I have never heard of some of the seasoning.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Re: Butter Chicken taken off Allrecipes.com

Postby snowball » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:34 pm

Martha
it's getting easier to find garam masala but still haven't found tandoori which is why I put in the way to make your own.... since I've not tasted tandoori well guess I have as I've bought Butter chicken in the Indian restaurant but don't know it's flavor well enough to compare...
sheila
snowball

Return to Recipes