2 Ingredient Microwave Bread

2 Ingredient Microwave Bread

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:27 pm

Oh, Sheila, so sorry. I put the way to make your own self rising flour on the pot pie recipe. Anyway here's the bread recipe as I originally tried it.

Servings: 2 SLICES
Ingredients
4 tbsp (1/4 cup) (31 g) self-rising flour
2 tbsp (1 oz) milk any milk including dairy-free milk will work
Steps
In a large oversized microwave-safe mug, add ingredients. Stir with a spoon until flour is completely incorporated and a dough forms. Your dough should be wet and sticky. If your dough is too dry, you can add a tiny splash more of milk. When you are done stirring your dough, it will likely be bunched up in the middle of your mug. Use your spoon to spread the dough out so that it reaches the edges of the mug, filling the bottom of the mug evenly. Try your best to smooth and even out the surface.
Place your mug in the microwave and cook at full power for about 30 seconds. The bread should be puffy (but will remain pale white in color) and the surface should look cooked.
Use a large spoon to run across the edges of the bread to loosen the bread from the edges of the mug. Then slide your spoon to the bottom of the bread so that you can use your spoon to lift the entire bread out in one piece. Slice bread in half and enjoy as is or with your favorite spread. You can also toast your bread.

I didn't have good luck the first couple times. I now make it in one of my 4 ounces ramekins. It always needs extra milk to get the right consistency and I end up cooking it about a minute. Sometimes a tad less, sometimes as tad more. I use almond milk. But I suggest if you try it you cook the 30 seconds, check and keep cooking additional 15 seconds or so checking constantly. I now know the times, etc with my microwave, but yours might vary.

I also don't usually cut it in 1/2. If it's for breakfast I simply put cinnamon honey over the top.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: 2 Ingredient Microwave Bread

Postby snowball » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:42 pm

will have to try it while here don't have a working micro in the trailer though
sheila
snowball

Return to Recipes