Ana's Cheese Ball

Ana's Cheese Ball

Postby snowball » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:36 pm

I saw this on one of the cooking shows that are on FB...
3 8oz pkg. cream cheese softened
8 oz. shredded (fine) cheese she used sharp I think I did as well but totally up to you
1 envelope of Ranch dip dry mix
garlic powder Not garlic salt
pepper
4 green onions chopped use all of it
finely chopped nuts she used pecans as I did but again your choice
crackers not flavored crackers but like Ritz or that type
she used a stand mixer that would make it a lot easier and probably make it a lot fluffier
she mixed the cream cheese till blended then added in the cheese and seasoning after all blended add onions
but I didn't have one so used what ever I thought would mix it but didn't use my mixer I didn't want to burn it up
mix till well blended shape but not into a ball think it's too soft for that... cover with nuts
you might if interested go to FB and search for the video...
like I said in MC I think it could be halved really easy except for the envelope of Ranch dip/dressing but perhaps measure and divide or wing it...
we all enjoyed it
sheila
snowball

Re: Ana's Cheese Ball

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:04 am

Ranch seasoning can be purchased in bulk jar of 2-8 oz and measured for this recipe or you can make your own from readily available seasonings from any of hundreds of Pinterest recipes and kept in a jar for recipes. It's good for lots of things.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:10 pm

I grew up making cheese balls. I wish I still had the recipe we used, but it's been a long time. I only can say we didn't use any packaged seasonings. Heck, I don't know if they existed then lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:16 pm

Beth, I agree, I much prefer mixing my own seasonings. That way I can control ingredients, ESP sugar and starches often added. And Ranch is so easy.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Recipes