Add four ingredients to hot milk
two marshmallows :D
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Re: Hot Chocolate

Postby Irmi » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:24 pm

Shirl, when I was a kid, Mom used to fix hot chocolate. I don't think her recipe was as nice as yours. I don't drink anything hot anymore, including coffee, tea or hot chocolate. But I'll bet it's yummy, especially with the marshmallows or whipped cream.
Irmi

Postby Cudedog » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:46 pm

Shirlv wrote:1 cup milk heated
1 T cocoa
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sugar
Add four ingredients to hot milk
two marshmallows :D

Shirl, this looks like a good hot chocolate recipe, but I kind of like mine better (I call it "Pandemic Hot Chocolate"):

1 T cocoa
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sugar
2 (or maybe 3) shots bourbon

Add all ingredients to 1 cup hot milk

:o :lol: :lol:

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby MandysMom » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:34 am

Anne, ha ha ha
Velda
MandysMom

Postby WickedLady » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:31 pm

I'll drink to that!
WickedLady

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:27 pm

I bought some Baileys Apple Pie Irish Cream a few weeks ago. Last night I made (store bought) hot cocoa and added some of the Baileys in it to see what that would taste like. It was really good! I think any flavor of Baileys would work in cocoa. Whipped cream is a must!!!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Redetotry » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:40 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:I bought some Baileys Apple Pie Irish Cream a few weeks ago. Last night I made (store bought) hot cocoa and added some of the Baileys in it to see what that would taste like. It was really good! I think any flavor of Baileys would work in cocoa. Whipped cream is a must!!!

Friends gave us a quart of moonshine that is supposed to tastes like apple pie. I haven't tried it yet as emories of a long ago experience left a lasting impression!!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby snowball » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:21 pm

have to ask a question though... it seems like a very small amount of sugar misprint? or is it more bitter.... I used to make hot chocolate from scratch but used a heck of a lot more sugar than that... :lol: Kids loved for me to make it ... it was for special times like Christmas morning with what we called breakfast cake why??? we don't drink coffee so it was confusing to them to have coffee cake so my brother came up with the phase and we copied... :lol:
and yes whipped cream is a must
sheila
snowball

Postby Cudedog » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:06 am

snowball wrote:have to ask a question though... it seems like a very small amount of sugar misprint? or is it more bitter....
sheila

Hi Sheila.

After a couple of sips of Pandemic Hot Chocolate, I don't really care if it is bitter or not. :lol:

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby MandysMom » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:36 am

Typically if you use regular unsweetened cocoa, like Hershey's found in baking aisle, you use equal parts cocoa and sugar, with powdered sugar being easiest to dissolve. I use powdered Swerve (no carb) if I make it.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby dpf » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:26 am

Redetotry wrote:
BarbaraRose wrote:I bought some Baileys Apple Pie Irish Cream a few weeks ago. Last night I made (store bought) hot cocoa and added some of the Baileys in it to see what that would taste like. It was really good! I think any flavor of Baileys would work in cocoa. Whipped cream is a must!!!

Friends gave us a quart of moonshine that is supposed to tastes like apple pie. I haven't tried it yet as emories of a long ago experience left a lasting impression!!

That homemade apple pie should be labeled as a hazardous material! I also know from experience too. My son made some homemade peppermint schnapps and gave me a pint. I decided to put some in hot chocolate a while back. I thought it gave me a heck of a buzz....then I found out he used Everclear rather than vodka! That pint is going to last a looooong time!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Return to Recipes