Out of an ingredient is the mother of invention

Out of an ingredient is the mother of invention

Postby dpf » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:47 pm

My neighbor called me around noon and asked if I had any graham crackers....which I didn't. She said she was making those 7 layer bars. You know the ones with a graham cracker crumb bottom and then topped with butterscotch, chocolate chips, coconut and nuts drizzled with sweetened condensed milk? Quick and easy as sin if you have all the ingredients! Well she'd already been up to the grocery store three times this morning and refused to go again! :lol: She asked what I thought would happen if she used Ritz cracker crumbs instead. I thought the sweet and salty would be okay. She brought me a couple samples a little bit ago. OMG they were delicious...better than the graham crust. She didn't have enough Ritz to make the required crumbs so filled in with saltines. If you make these bars I recommend you try it!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Re: Out of an ingredient is the mother of invention

Postby avalen » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:06 pm

I can imagine that would be very good as i used to spread chocolate frosting on saltines when i couldnt decide if i needed a salt fix or a sweet fix. What you describe makes me think of salted carmel
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Return to Recipes