Egg muffins

Egg muffins

Postby Bethers » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:17 pm

I love these. And they freeze well so I make them to have a quick breakfast or lunch or heck, even dinner.

Ingredients (for 12)
1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
12 eggs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Steps
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in sausage; cook and stir until sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, 10 to 15 minutes; drain.
Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in onion, green pepper, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix in sausage and Cheddar cheese. Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups.
Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.

I do 6 not 12 at a time so adjust... And you can use any veggies or cheese or skip. I usually use bacon instead of sausage, but for a kick have made them with chorizo sausage. Yum!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Egg muffins

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:49 pm

[color=#0000BF]Thanks, Beth. I need to try this.
[/color]
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby OregonLuvr » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:27 pm

I make these too and I vary each one with different stuff. Like bacon, sausage, ham, spinach, different cheeses, onion, green chiles, jalapenos, and different seasonings. It is so much fun to make a variety and they freeze really well to like you said. KETO approved LOL
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby MandysMom » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:21 am

I have made them too. I like the real bacon bits Costco has in them.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby elkriverrats » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:56 pm

Love making these for workday mornings. My fave add-ins are broccoli, onion and swiss cheese or black bean, peppers and jack cheese. You really can add-in whatever you like!
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby snowball » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:07 pm

Beth is the recipe for 6 or 12?
sounds like a good recipe to share with my married grands
and to have in the freezer for the SIL when he runs home for a quick meal and it was all
eaten...he works a lot of nights
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:34 pm

Sheila, the recipe is for 12... But I only do 6, so adjust. I never measure the ingredients, so far I've never overfilled the tins, but that'll probably happen one day.

I agree about all the possible variations. I just use whatever I have... And will sometimes make them to use up veggies before they go bad.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:26 pm

thanks Beth...really thought it was for the 12 but thought I'd better double check
sheila
snowball

Return to Recipes