Instant Pot Corned Beef

Instant Pot Corned Beef

Postby MandysMom » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:07 am

In my nearly 42 years of marriage, I have cooked corned beef many times. It was OK, sometimes even good. This year I decided to use my Instant Pot. Simple and much quicker than crockpot.
Rinse corned beef and pat dry.
Place in IP. I put fat side up so,it would baste the meat.
Spread a little of your favorite mustard on top - I used some stone ground mustard. Sprinkle with spice packet.
Add 1 cup water, broth or beer to pot. I used chicken broth.
Seal lid. Set on meat setting for 90 min. When pressure done, allow to naturally release.
Meat was most tender I have made. Really yummy. Because we eat Keto. Did not add veggies. Even Mel was able to chew and enjoy it! Chris made a sandwich. Mel and I had Brussels sprouts sautéed with bacon and a cucumber salad. It's a true win if Mel can chew instead of purée ing it!
Velda
MandysMom

Re: Instant Pot Corned Beef

Postby OregonLuvr » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:51 am

Pretty much any meat I have made in my Instant Pot is super tender. Even the really cheap cuts of meat that I would never buy before. I dont care too much for corned beef but might have to try it in my IP. I had chicken thighs and roasted brussels sprouts yesterday......soooo good. I am doing Keto too so that was my dinner . Oh I did add a salad.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Re: Instant Pot Corned Beef

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:47 pm

I cooked a corned beef in the slow cooker and it was so tender but a little salty. I hadn't cooked one in years. I think I use to cook one on the Jenn Air rotisserie when I had one. I only see corned beef for sale this time of the year. I bet they will be marked down this week.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Recipes