Key Lime Pie* - no bake, no brainer and delicious

Key Lime Pie* - no bake, no brainer and delicious

Postby OTW » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:58 am

This was a huge hit at a family gathering. It sets up in 2 hours in the fridge, holds up on a potluck table and also keeps in the fridge for well over a week. Plus you can use low or no fat and sugarfree ingredients with zero compromise in taste, or use regular.

Purchased unrefrigerated Keebler pie crust (either graham or shortbread) in either regular size or the new one that says "2 extra slices" on the label. (Convenient pie plate cover is provided as part of the packaging.)
1 box lime jello
1/4 cup boiling water
2 containers Yoplait "Key Lime Pie" yogurt (I use "Original" but they have it in LoFat. I just probably wouldn't use whipped versions.
8-oz. container Cool Whip, thawed.

Put jello in mixing bowl. Add 1/4C actively boiling water quickly and whisk until jello is as dissolved as it's going to get.
Gently whisk in the yogurt until fully incorporated.
FOLD in the thawed Cool Whip thoroughly until it's evenly blended in, throughout the mixture.
Spread filling into pie crust, smooth top, cover with provided pie crust cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Transports well for potlucking.

*NOTE: Lime jello is not my favorite normally, but this comes out super tasty. I have not tried this with Orange jello + "Orange Crème" Yoplait but those or other combinations of jello and yogurt could be substituted. I'd be hesitant to combine orange + pink or red + green because those color combinations are used to make grey or brown, but other than that caution, the possibilities are likely just endless.
OTW

Re: Key Lime Pie* - no bake, no brainer and delicious

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:48 pm

I love key lime pie! This sounds great! Thanks for sharing! :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby monik7 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:02 pm

This sounds wonderful. I’m such a picky eater there are very few kinds of anything I like. Key lime pie is one. Definitely going to have to try this out. Thanks.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby OTW » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:38 pm

You're very welcome! I've gotten addicted to it. It's so crazy-easy to make I always feel like I'm cheating somehow. But it cuts like cheesecake - perfect slices and it's light and sort of fluffy (not like air but not dense). I'm almost embarrassed to say I did try it with raspberry jello and strawberry yogurt and wasn't sure if I liked it so kept not eating it, then after 1-1/2 weeks (maybe 2?) in the fridge I was going to toss it, but it looked perfectly fine so I tasted it. Decided I liked it. And then kept the rest of it until I eventually ate it all. So for sure, the recipe has an insanely long fridged shelf life. lol. I mean 2 weeks - there shoulda been stuff growing from it.
OTW

Postby snowball » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:01 pm

a few years ago 3-4 perhaps we had a class at church showing something similar to this
had forgotten about it...will have to try again at least this recipe
thanks
sheila
snowball

Postby Irmi » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:08 am

I made this last night and it was a hit. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Irmi

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:47 pm

I will, one day, buy these ingredients!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:18 pm

This sounds like a weight watcher's pie I use to make except I used sugar free jello, lite yogurt and lite cool whip. I had forgotten about this. Thanks for the reminder.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby OTW » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:41 pm

Acadianmom wrote:This sounds like a weight watcher's pie I use to make except I used sugar free jello, lite yogurt and lite cool whip. I had forgotten about this. Thanks for the reminder.

Martha

The first time I tried it, the maker of it used sugar free jello and lite versions of everything else so it might well be! I liked it well enough to want more and though I make it with regular ingredients - I'm not sure there's that much difference in taste at all.
OTW

Return to Recipes