Watermelon ice cream

Watermelon ice cream

Postby MandysMom » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:42 pm

As I mentioned before this is a simple recipe using watermelon, cream and chocolate chips. We used a Cuisinart ice cream maker where the bowl part is frozen in advance. The recipe was almost too much for the bowl once it began freezing and expanding but it worked.
Ingredients
2 cups watermelon purée ( I used VitaMix to mix, adding watermelon until I had about two cups)
3/4 cup sugar ( I think some sweetening is needed for the milk part but could use stevia or some other than sugar)
Pinch salt
1-1/2 cups heavy cream ( I plan to try half and half next time as it was heavy on fat which coated Spoon as you ate)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

I blended watermelon on low until it was just liquified. I poured in glass measure to be sure I was eyeballing the markings on the VitaMix pitcher right. Put watermelon back in blender and added salt and sugar. Pulsed to mix well. Added cream and pulsed to mixed but not so much watermelon totally lost texture. Poured in ice cream maker. Started machine. When mixture got thick, Mel slowly added chocolate chips. When done we put in freezer container to "age" a hour or two. It is pretty pink and really tasty and the cute tiny chocolate chips resemble seeds. This one is a winner and now Mel wants to try honeydew melon in the recipe.
MandysMom

Return to Recipes