Peanut Butter (and everything else) balls - no bake

Peanut Butter (and everything else) balls - no bake

Postby oregontocal » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Okay, this will probably make your teeth ache it's so fattening and sweet. But, when you're up in the mountains 60 miles away from the nearest store, it's raining and windy, you don't have your toaster oven with you, and your sweet tooth says "Feed me, Seymour!" it's time to check the cupboards for ANYTHING that might work.

I got out a bowl, dumped in some peanut butter (the natural kind - Adams Crunchy), half a stick of butter, and a couple of squares of semi-sweet chocolate leftover from Christmas. Nuked them until everything melted together, and stirred until it looked like chocolate. Dumped in some leftover chopped pecans, crushed graham crackers, Grapenuts, powdered sugar, leftover coconut - I think that's all I found. Mixed it all together, sampling as I went. When everything was mixed up nicely, I made small balls and put them all in the fridge to get solid. Of course, every time I open the door it's necessary to sample a little, you know, just to make sure things are okay.

Bear in mind I have absolutely no idea how much of anything I used. This is where you go by look and feel. However, they are delicious. Enjoy.
:lol:
oregontocal

Re: Peanut Butter (and everything else) balls - no bake

Postby Bethers » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:29 pm

hmmmmmmmmm, you gave me things to think about. I like creamy peanut butter, and prefer my chocolate without nuts - so I think I just might try this with just peanut butter and chocolate - and then maybe think about other things to add. Yep, I can understand having to taste one every time you open the door - and maybe 2 or three :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby oregontocal » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:33 pm

I think you can use just about anything on hand. I would have added some oatmeal except I finished it off a few days ago. As long as you can make fairly stiff balls, you can't go wrong, at least if you don't add things like dog food or something. Don't laugh: we made special "cookies" for my youngest brother when we were kids.
oregontocal

Postby Barbzeee » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:11 pm

Chris,

I have peanut butter balls.. that are made with rice krispies...thought I posted them..must have been in my sleep...but loves them mine
ya dip in chocolate with the wax in them so they are like malted milk balls... will have to dig up that recipe..and I use Crunchie peanut butter too..

but anything with peanut butter is good :)

God Bless
Zeee
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:14 pm

When my sweet tooth acts up I put about 1 T of peanut butter in a small microwavable bowl and add a handful of choc. chips and nuke about 30 sec. Stir and eat with a spoon! No leftovers calling my name for later. ;)
AlmostThere

Return to Recipes