Breakfast Meatloaf

Breakfast Meatloaf

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:02 am

I made this the other day when my friends were here.
I used my Mom's jello mold ring (which I understand can't be found to buy these days) and then I put a huge mound of scrambled eggs in the middle.

It was really tasty, although a little dry.
I would make it again except add more "flavor" in some way, and maybe add a little milk to the stuffing mixture.

The 3 of us at on it for 2 days (washed down with Breakfast Champagne, of course...what are friends for?)

mitch5252

Re: Breakfast Meatloaf

Postby MandysMom » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:06 pm

What recipe did you use for the meatloaf? I'm thinking a package of breakfast sausage mixed with ground beef would add flavor too. I also have jello ring pans and a bundt pan would work too.

Velda
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:48 pm

Please, the recipe. :lol:
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:17 pm

Bethers wrote:Please, the recipe. :lol:

LOLOL.
Ooops...forgot to hit that CTRL>V!

Breakfast Meatloaf

1 tube lite breakfast sausage
1 box Stovetop stuffing, dry
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup (or Cream of Chicken)

Combine all.

Form into a loaf or ring and bake - 45 minutes or less until done. If baking in a ring, serve scrambled eggs in center.

ON EDIT: I think the 45 minutes contributed to the dryness.

mitch5252

Postby snowball » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:20 pm

sounds really yummy used to have that pan think my mom still does is it too soft to form ring?
sheila
snowball

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:04 am

snowball wrote:sounds really yummy used to have that pan think my mom still does is it too soft to form ring?
sheila

Sheila, I guess you could hand shape a ring.
The recipe says you can make a loaf, but no center hole, then, for the eggs.
mitch5252

Postby snowball » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:02 am

thanks will have to give it a try...assume pork stuffing? or would it really matter?
sheila
snowball

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:28 am

snowball wrote:thanks will have to give it a try...assume pork stuffing? or would it really matter?
sheila

I always use the Lower Sodium Chicken.

Doggoneit - now I'm hungry...
Dieting sucks.
mitch5252

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:10 pm

Sounds good, now I'm hungary too
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Talking about jello molds and bundt pans made me go look for my mini bundt pan in the old house. It's the pan that makes 6 small bundt cakes. I tried to find a small bundt pan so I could make 2 smaller cakes instead of one large cake but haven't been able to find what I am looking for. I might try making the breakfast meatloaf in the small pan if I can figure out how long to cook them.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:19 am

I made the meatloaf this morning and baked it in my pan with the 6 mini bundt cakes. I used Jimmy Dean Hot sausage so it definitely wasn't bland. My son commented on it being spicy for the things I usually cook but we liked it. I thought I had greased the pan well but I had a hard time getting them out of the pan.

I decided to search for the small bundt pans again and found that Nordic makes a 6 cup bundt pan. The information says that a recipe for a large bundt cake can be baked in 2 of these so I ordered 2. Now I can make one cake for us and one to give away. I don't like a lot of cake hanging around because I will eat it.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:05 am

Martha, I like the idea of hot sausage. What I was thinking lately is to get a tube of hot and a tube of mild and mix them and split 'em back into one pounders for the freezer. Or just had this thought - get the mild and mix some red pepper flakes into the stuffing mix and go from there. That'd amp it up.

Did you serve with eggs? The middle of the minis would take a small scoop of scrambled, right?

ON EDIT: Does the entire recipe fit in a 6-Cup bundt pan? I found a 3-Cup pan. Would the entire recipe fit in that, maybe just "taller"?

mitch5252

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:42 pm

The entire recipe of the meatloaf fit in the 6 mini bunt cake pan. There isn't much room in the middle for eggs so I just put scrambled eggs on top.

Are you asking about a bundt cake recipe for the 6 cup pan? The information on the 6 cup pan said it would hold half of a 12 cup recipe. The pans I ordered should be here tomorrow so we'll see how that works. I'm not sure how the meatloaf recipe would fit in the 6 cup pan.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Recipes