Muffin Tin Tater Tot Hot Dish Cups

Muffin Tin Tater Tot Hot Dish Cups

Postby snowball » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:26 pm

was on FB today saw this recipe looked good and only needed hamburger so made it ....eldest granddaughter here liked it had 4 I had 2...
went to make this at one of my daughters and read add milk hmmmm didn't remember seeing milk so checked out the original recipe and yes you should put milk in it :oops:

Muffin Tin Tater Tot Hot Dish Cups if was from Betty Crocker according to the post
12 doz. mini potato nuggets (144 nuggets) oh forgot didn't realize that it was mini we had regular so used 6 per muffin tin cup
1 egg slightly beaten
2 C. shredded cheese
1/4 C. milk
8 oz. sliced mushrooms chopped
1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp. Montreal Steak seasoning
1/4 C ketchup
1 T. Sriracha Sauce

Heat oven to 400 F. spray 12 muffin tin cups. place 6 mini potato nuggets in each cup. bake 20 mins. cool 5 mins. then press into bottom of cups to create a base and to absorb any excess oil.
in large bowl mix milk, egg and cheese.
Cook beef over medium heat until brown. remove from heat. drain if needed wipe out pan add mushrooms and Montreal steak seasons to dry skillet cook over medium heat for 6-7 mins. Stirring frequently until slightly browned. cool 2 minutes. add beef and mushrooms to egg mixture mix..put in the cups with the smuched down tater tots top with 6 more tots bake for 32-35 mins or until set and browned cool 15 minutes...mix ketchup and Srircha sauce serve with the hot cups..
I also chopped up some onion and a clove of garlic and cooked with the meat
they don't do mushrooms here so wasn't used i just put the Montreal Seasoning in with the beef...and to taste...I think it would be done faster than the 32 min. actually think I set the timer for 30 think they were still a bit over done....I wrote this down as it said even though I used regular size tots so used less
I thought it was good would make it again looks like something that would keep and reheat going to mention this to my daughter for her college son..oh yes one more thing when I did the ketchup just had hot sauce and just added enough till it tasted good but wasn't too hot for us gringos
sheila
Last edited by snowball on Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snowball

Re: Muffin Tin Tater Tot Hot Dish Cups

Postby MandysMom » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:18 am

Sounds interesting. Could be made ahead and frozen to take on trips. Could use sausage instead of burger too. Really was just one egg enough to make 12 muffins? Thanks for sharing.
Velda
Last edited by MandysMom on Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MandysMom

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:56 am

Those sound really interesting.
I never heard of mini-tater tots before.
I'll have to give 'em a try...
mitch5252

Postby MandysMom » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:03 pm

Glad you pointed out it said mini tater tots. I've never heard of minis! have to look at stores.But thinking regular would work fine.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby snowball » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:21 pm

I think the regular worked just fine
also was thinking one could do this with sausage instead of hamburger
would be yummy
sheila
snowball

Return to Recipes