GO TO FOOD.....

GO TO FOOD.....

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:58 am

hi everybody..I was wondering what your breakfast... lunch... dinner... potluck or whatever...whats your best and or fastest go to food at while on the road or camping.. this point I'm not sure I have one yet not enough experience in campingI think this would be great thread for newbies like me or oldies that want some new recipes.. thanks for joining in donna
grammynmaggie

Re: GO TO FOOD.....

Postby snowball » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:57 pm

it really depends upon the circumstances what mood I'm in what I can afford
at the Q gtg it seems to be traditional for me to make Navaho tacos :lol:
some times it's determined by even the needs of those attending
just varies a lot for me
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:53 pm

I don't have a go-to food, either. I eat pretty much as I did in a house - whatever my heart desires. The only difference is in the past several years I've gotten way healthier habits.

What I do when in travel mode, though, is make up a few big batches of things, then freeze in freezer bags in one or two servings - so that I have my own freezer meals. I do that all the time, but try to have lots on hand when I'll be doing a lot of traveling. So nice to know I can take out home cooked food for dinner.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:26 pm

I also cook indoors in big batches and then freeze little packets. That way I don't have to cook at the end of a long driving day--just heat things up in the microwave. Very lazy, but suits me fine. So mostly, I make things that can be easily heated up like thick soups and casseroles.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Queen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:47 am

Neither of us cooks very much so we eat a LOT of raw food. Sliced veggies and fruit, we always have hard boiled eggs around, lots of raw nuts, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Return to Recipes