Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge
suppose to remind you of mint chocolate chip ice cream
3 1/4 C. white chocolate chips
2 T. butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2-3 tsp. mint extract Not spearmint
green food coloring
3/4 C. mini chocolate chips divided
line a 8x8 square pan with foil spray with cooking spray..In a microwave safe bowl melt white chocolate chips and butter on high for 1 minute
let rest then stir...if needed microwave another 20 seconds stir keep doing this until melted...or do it on the top of the stove that works as well.
when melted stir till smooth and no lumps.. add sweetened condensed milk, mint extract and food coloring..stir until mixed in. let cool a bit
add 1/2 C. chocolate chips...put in foil lined pan and top with remaining chips...refrigerate until chilled before cutting.
I made it and really liked it wondering how it would work to substitute peanut butter with the extract and make peanut butter fudge...yes it would take more than 3 tsp. fulls :lol:
sheila
snowball

Re: Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:06 pm

I'm actually making a similar recipe - but only 3 ingredients - to take for Christmas - it's not mint but decorated with crushed peppermint candies:

1 can sweet condensed milk
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Red and White peppermint candies

Heat the chips and milk, stirring until melted (can use your method, stove top, or stove top double boiler)
Pour unto a prepared pan lined with alum foil.

Crush the peppermint candies and sprinkle over the top.

Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

I'm wondering why you need the butter in yours? The food coloring is just to make it green, and I'd probably leave that out, also. But might make a batch of both. I was going to try using mint extract for a 2nd batch of these - but might try your recipe. But they'll be going with me - NOT for me to eat - except maybe a piece each.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge

Postby snowball » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:44 pm

not sure Beth why the butter...and I'm sure the reason for the food color was to replicate the
mint ice cream...
it tasted great yours sounds great too
sheila
snowball

Return to Recipes