White Chocolate Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

White Chocolate Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:50 am

I couldn't get to the website for these last night, but could today - but found them also on Pinterest. I'm posting the directions - then l'll also post links to both places if you want further info. They are sooooooooo good - and this from a non-pumpkin fan!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter
1/4 cup (50g) light or dark brown sugar
1 cup (200g) granulated sugar, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 Tablespoons (86g) pumpkin puree (use the rest of the can in any of these recipes)
1 and 1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour (careful not to overmeasure)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
1/2 cup (90g) white chocolate chips or chunks

Directions:

Melt the butter in the microwave. In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the vanilla and pumpkin until smooth. Set aside.

In a large bowl, toss together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft. Fold in white chocolate chips. They may not stick to the dough because of the melted butter, but do your best to have them evenly dispersed among the dough. Cover the dough and chill for 30 minutes, or up to 3 days. Chilling is mandatory.

Take the dough out of the refrigerator. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.

Roll the dough into balls, about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough each. Mix together the remaining 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Roll each of the dough balls generously in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and arrange on 2 baking sheets. Slightly flatten the dough balls because the cookies will only slightly spread in the oven. The photo above shows what the cookie dough balls should look like before baking.

Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked. Keeping them in the oven for longer may dry them out. Remove from the oven and press a few more white chocolate chips onto the tops, if desired. If you find that your cookies didn't spread much at all, flatten them out when you take them out of the oven.

Allow the cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes on the cookie sheets before transferring to a wire rack. The longer the cookies cool, the chewier they will be. I let them sit out for at least 1 hour before enjoying. I find that their chewiness and pumpkin flavor is more prominent on day 2. Cookies stay soft, moist, and chewy stored at room temperature for up to 1 week.

Freezing directions: Roll the chilled dough into balls and freeze in a large ziplock bag for up to 2 months. Baked cookies may also be frozen up to 2 months.

*Instead of pumpkin pie spice, you may use 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, and 1/2 teaspoon allspice.

Here are the links:

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/0 ... erdoodles/
or
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/1290563455 ... EQrF6AWQH8
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: White Chocolate Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:48 pm

Sounds yummy! :D

Pumpkin is great for pets, with a ton of fiber in it.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:25 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:Sounds yummy! :D

Pumpkin is great for pets, with a ton of fiber in it.

I bought pumpkin, and don't feed pets the pumpkin pie filling with sugar etc added, to add to the kd food Peaches dislikes. Bought 4 cans. Guess who else doesn't like pumpkin. She'll now eat the food a little easier without pumpkin, but won't touch it with. And I thought I was doing her a favor!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby carolb » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:23 am

Yahoo! I grow my own pumpkins, & now have another way to fix them. Thanks, Beth!

My dogs like the pumpkin skins from the cooked pumpkins. Sometimes I bake the skins to make a crunchy snack for them too...
carolb

Postby gingerK » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:24 am

Ok, sending this to Carrie for our next gtg!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby snowball » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:03 pm

found a dog treat recipe that has pumpkin in it but it also has brown rice recipe and haven't
picked that up yet hoping he will like it when/if I ever get it made
looking so forward to trying these cookies think I have white chocolate chips at home :D
sheila
snowball

Postby snowball » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:20 pm

just copied down the recipe and realized there is no eggs listed....surprised by that
going to try them soon
sheila
snowball

Return to Recipes