recipe

recipe

Postby snowball » Fri May 09, 2014 9:28 pm

my sister sent me this recipe if there was a name to it I don't remember seeing it at any rate it didn't stick how ever the recipe did....now before you going checking what it weighs in at don't it's a fun snack to enjoy occasionally :lol:

line a pan one of those half sheet cake pans with parchment paper I know that they don't fit in the ovens but think that the one I do
put in the oven would work the toffee part would just be thicker

put saltine crackers salted side face down on top of the parchment paper
take and combine 1 stick of butter
1 C. brown sugar
heat till well combined and sugar is melted pour quickly over saltines spread to cover
pop into the oven (350 F.) for 10 min. watch it out to soon and it won't release from the paper in to long could burn

when it comes out of the oven put a bag of choc chips over the top....let set for a moment then spread as soon as some what melted
then put Heath toffee bar bits on top chill in freg or freezer for 2 hours.. break up into chunks keep in a zip lock and in freg. these were so tasty used wax paper as that is what my daughter had parchment would be better I think..store didn't have the toffee bits got a couple Heath bars and tried to break them up it didn't work hahaha
was mentioned that nuts or anything else you might want to put on top would be ok

sheila

sheila
snowball

Re: recipe

Postby monik7 » Sat May 10, 2014 2:01 am

This sounds really good Sheila. Just might try it.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Re: recipe

Postby Irmi » Sat May 10, 2014 11:44 am

I have made these but my recipe calls for graham crackers instead of Saltine crackers. My recipe is called Graham Cracker Toffee bars but I'll bet these are just as good using the Saltine crackers. Needless to say, they are delicious!
Irmi

Return to Recipes