What A Crock (Thanksgiving)

Re: What A Crock (Thanksgiving)

Postby monik7 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:14 pm

monik7 wrote:So if I make this should I decrease the amount of water and crack the lid so the stuffing won't be soggy?
Sandi

No one answered my question so I decided to try this. I did use a little less water and chicken broth. Because Mitch said hers turned out a little dry, I started checking the temp after about 3 1/2 hours. As soon as it reached 165 degrees, I took it out. Ultimately it took 4 3/4 hours. The dressing was good (I left out the cranberries and added sliced water chestnuts and some spices like oregano, thyme and sage), but I think next time I'll only use the broth and no water. I couldn't stop sampling the dressing as it cooked so I was too full to eat the turkey when it was done. I did try the turkey yesterday and it was just right, not dry.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:55 pm

Good to hear Sandi.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby rmsealarke » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Mitch5252....You Crock me up! LOL
rmsealarke

Previous

Return to Recipes