Mini Chicken Pot Pies

Re: Mini Chicken Pot Pies

Postby MandysMom » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:22 am

Judy I love how you explained why you like the short list of ingredients. I have been trying to explain to husband ever since he got a tablet and daily sends me links to recipes with twenty ingredients how much I prefer simple. Also now I understand what my Mom meant as she got older and would say she tosses any recipe with more than a short list of ingredients. I think I have realized I don't have to spend hours in kitchen and bag fulls of exotic ingredients to make me happy. Simple is good ESP when Mrs Pillsbury is my helper. LOL I plan to try this recipe soon. Good way to use up rotisserie chicken.
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:39 pm

Sometimes I just pour this over toast.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:51 am

Made these for supper tonight although I had only regular buttermilk biscuits of the frozen type, it turned out tasty. I think I would add some poultry seasoning as I thought it a bit bland. Will do them again. Served with our favorite fall salad of butter lettuce, diced fresh pear, candied pecans, and blue cheese dressing.
MandysMom

Postby JudyJB » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:37 am

I think the poultry seasoning is a great idea! I did like them, but agree they were a bit bland.

And I think really you could throw in any vegetables you have handy and leftover.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Previous

Return to Recipes