Crockpot Recipes

Crockpot Recipes

Postby MandysMom » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:28 pm

Curious how many of you use a crockpot in your RV? I came across an interesting channel called RVNN and pronounced like rv'ing. Two young women do a segment called CrockinGirls and tonight I have this recipe on. There were many of their recipes plus lots of other interesting Starr on RVNN which is also available on Roku it said.
http://crockingirls.com/recipes/fiesta-chicken/
Sure smells good. Chicken almost done enough to shred so dinner is soon serving over brown rice with a salad.
I plan to work on a secure way I can have my crockpot going as I drive in future so if we have a long drive dinner will be ready. Of course the smell might drive is crazy.
MandysMom

Re: Crockpot Recipes

Postby Bethers » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Lots and lots of crock pot recipes posted on here and I think that one or one very similar is - I've made it. Pretty tasty. But since I quit doing most processed foods - rarely follow those - have to improvise and not use the soup and taco seasoning (although I did find a taco seasoning I could use - can't remember which one). Easier with the soup though, and it's good.

Many, many of us travel with crock pots.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:57 pm

I think the ladies put their crock pots in the sink (when cooking) while traveling so they don't fall on the floor.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby sharon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:06 am

Yup, fill the crock pot, put a bungee cord around it to keep the lid on (just in case) put it in the sink, turn on the inverter and head on down the road. It rarely makes it all the way to dinner, but not a problem, there's always enough for 2 meals. :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Irmi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:41 pm

Crockpot meals are staples in both the house & camper. I use a bath towel to wrap around the crockpot in the kitchen sink to keep it from sliding around when going down the road, with the generator on. Dinner is ready at our destination and it's good!
Irmi

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:08 pm

I don't need to run the generator. Plug a small inverter in, plug your crockpot into it. Batteries will stay charged as you drive. You can even get a 12 volt crock pot, if you want.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:27 pm

most ladies travel with the crockpot cooking in the sink and have heard tell of towels around for the rattle :D
I love my crockpot but I love my pressure cooker too :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby MandysMom » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:53 pm

In our big bus the sink would work as our Berkey water filter rides in one sink and I could put crockpot in the other. However in the van there is only one sink. So have to work on ideas. I would plug in and use the inverter. I love my pressure cooker too though have not used but once in RV for a rally meal. I can't recall at moment in inverter is wired to let us use as we travel but I think so.
What is your favorite crockpot meal?
MandysMom

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:23 pm

I have also used a portable inverter plugged into my 12 volt up in the dash - and set the crock pot where it wouldn't move on the floor up there.
Beth
Bethers

Postby cpatinjones » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:27 pm

Bethers wrote:I don't need to run the generator. Plug a small inverter in, plug your crockpot into it. Batteries will stay charged as you drive. You can even get a 12 volt crock pot, if you want.

Thanks for this suggestion. I was wondering how I could do this.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby judi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:34 pm

Beth, what kind of crockpot do you have? Boy, everyday I learn something new on the forum!
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:41 pm

judi wrote:Beth, what kind of crockpot do you have? Boy, everyday I learn something new on the forum!

Two things. When I said plug a small inverter in, I meant a 12 volt inverter as at the time I didn't have a regular inverter.Now I could do either.

My crock pot is an oval , Hamilton Beach.
Beth
Bethers

Postby CrowdedCamperMom » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:55 am

Hi y'all!
I wanted to tell you I wrote a blog post for my Crowded Camper blog, and part of the inspiration was the tidbit of info I grabbed about the crockpot for travel. I read other sites as well a while back, or should I say scanned, and made a horrible mistake of misunderstanding the directions. Anyway- I wanted the ladies that were part of the background to see the post.

http://crowdedcamper.com/?p=123

Have a blessed day!
Becky
The Crowded Camper Mom
Full time in a heartland landmark 5er
2 kids, 2 dogs, 1 fish & married to a military man
Http://www.crowdedcamper.com
Http://www.facebook.com/thecrowdedcamper
CrowdedCamperMom

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:59 am

I read that earlier this morning.
You had be laughing out loud before the end of the second paragraph.
Are you blonde? :o

Another great post!
mitch5252

Postby Liz » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:19 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Next

Return to Recipes