King's Hawiian Rolls

King's Hawiian Rolls

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:10 am

This was meant for a bread machine. However, I just made my like regular bread, proofing the yeast first in the water and sugar.
They were delicious.

What I'll try next is to put 3 little balls of dough in a muffin tin and make kinda like Parker House Rolls...

PS: Pat, I got a good laugh out of your Martha Stewart Spun Sugar story...

Kings Hawaiian Bread

3 C + 6 T bread flour
1 egg
1/2 C pineapple juice
1/2 C water
1/4 C plus 2 tbsp sugar
1/4 t ginger
1/2 t vanilla extract
1/2 stick butter or margarine (4 T)
1 t salt
2 1/4 t active dry yeast

Put in the egg, pineapple juice, water, sugar, ginger, vanilla extract and softened butter or margarine. Add flour. Then add the yeast last. Use dough setting. Form into dinner rolls and let rise until double in size. Bake at 375 for about 15-20 minutes.
mitch5252

Re: King's Hawiian Rolls

Postby dpf » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:04 am

By any chance did you get this on RV.net? I posted the same recipe last week there last weekend! :lol:
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:13 am

dpf wrote:By any chance did you get this on RV.net? I posted the same recipe last week there last weekend! :lol:

Dang - I don't remember, but it's more likely than not! Well, then I thank you for a wonderful recipe. You've tried it? I'm gonna go over and see the thread...that'll jog my memory...

What do you think about this - 3 little balls (the muffin tin) - one on the bottom, a little cube of cheese in the middle and the other two balls on top?

ON EDIT:Yup, the Luau thread! I rarely look at the authors over there! Haha...thank goodness I vouched for it being delicious! I'm going to have to search your screen name over there and search your recipes. If they're all that good...did you see my post about the Outback Coconut Shrimp dipping sauce? Man, that stuff is so simple and delicious!

mitch5252

Postby mtngal » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:30 am

This bread sounds fabulous, I've been craving bread (both eating and baking) since the weather has been so lousy.
Diana
mtngal

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:28 pm

Hmmm, anyone else wondering why they think the people on rv.net deserve the really good recipes more than we do? I'm crushed.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:08 am

Ru-Ro, Pat! :o

I say it's because she leads such a busy, exciting, and fulfilling life that she just hasn't found the time yet.
She was on her way to post it when she saw that I already had done it for her.

how'd I do, Pat?

mitch5252

Postby dpf » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Good job covering my hinder Mitch! :lol: Guess I didn't post it here because there wasn't an Luau thread..that's my story and I'm stickin to it!

Yes I have had the orange marmalade and mustard dipping sauce with horseradish added to it. It's delicious. My son's significant other used it over cocktail weiners at our family reunion last summer. Very nice change from the old barbecue sauce routine. Her family uses it as a dip for chicken strips too. DH isn't a big coconut fan so I doubt I'll be trying it with the shrimp recipe.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Return to Recipes