Sausage Biscuits on the GRILL

Sausage Biscuits on the GRILL

Postby Imthebeachgirl » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:49 am

Ok, many of you are gonna say..been there, done that, but if you have never tried this...it is worth the try.

A few weeks back, we were out boating for the weekend and our friends made these on their gas grill for breakfast. These were the best tasting biscuits I think I have ever tasted!!!

1 pack of Jimmy Dean "precooked" sausage patties (8)
1 tube buttermilk biscuits (in the dairy aisle)
pam cooking spray

I just made them for the DH and DS and they think they are great! Start gas grill, brush off grill and spray some pam into a paper towel, and wipe down the grill. Place sausages and biscuits onto grill. cook until done. You may have to play with the temps. so as not to burn but cook everything through.
Imthebeachgirl

Re: Sausage Biscuits on the GRILL

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:06 pm

I'm not a griller, but this sounds interesting! Baking bisquits on the grill. huh! Learn something every day!
AlmostThere

Postby sharon » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:52 pm

I used to do it when we camped at the river, but I made homemade biscuits, put them in a skillet and baked them on the grill. Never tried it putting the biscuits directly on the grill, but will try it next time we're out jeeping. Used to do cakes in the skillet, too. Sometimes I think that's why DH married me! :lol: :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby dcricket » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Interesting.... do you put them on the grill/grate or on the flat griddle type attachments some gas grills have (like my Coleman Tailgator grill)?
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby Imthebeachgirl » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi Donna, I put them directly onto the "grill/grate" thingy. Easy! Works great!
Imthebeachgirl

Return to Recipes