THanksgiving Baileys Irish Cream Pumpkin Pie

THanksgiving Baileys Irish Cream Pumpkin Pie

Postby Redetotry » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:28 pm

DH saw this online and sent it to me, guess it was a hint. :) Sounds yummy.

Thanksgiving Baileys Irish Cream Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
* 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled cut into pieces
* 4 eggs
* 2 tablespoons cold water
* 1 1/2 Cup canned pumpkin pulp
* 3/4 Cup brown sugar (or to taste I would use less as the Baileys is really sweet)
* 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 Cup heavy cream
* 1/4 Cup Baileys Original Irish Cream

Place flour, powdered sugar, and butter in a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Beat together 1 egg and water. Add to flour and process until mixture forms a ball. Form a flat disk from the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.

* Roll out dough into a 12-inch circle on a heavily floured surface. Transfer dough circle to a 10-inch pie tin. Trim and crimp the edges of the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to use.

* Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Beat pumpkin and remaining eggs in a medium bowl creamy. Beat in brown sugar and cinnamon until smooth. Add cream and Baileys and beat until thoroughly combined. Pour pumpkin mixture into piecrust.

* Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted off-center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.

* Cut into wedges and serve. Store for up to 3 days covered in the refrigerator.

* Note: If piecrust edges become too brown during baking, cover with aluminum foil.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: THanksgiving Baileys Irish Cream Pumpkin Pie

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:24 pm

Not a big pumpkin fan but love Baileys, so this sounds really good! Let us know if you make it and how it turns out!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:18 am

Looks really interesting but I am curious there are no eggs in the mixture. Aren't they usually required to make the pumpkin custard like?? Yes do let us know if you try it. My husband would love the Baileys flavor in it.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:25 am

Velda - look again, there are 4 eggs.
Sounds very good - I like both pumpkin and Baileys. Are you planning to make it, BJ?
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby MandysMom » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:05 am

Just shows how tired I was when I read it before going to sleep! Ha ha If I can figure out a GF crust, I will be making it for thansgiving I thnk! Thanks
Velda
MandysMom

Postby snowball » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:17 pm

not using glutin free stuff can't really say but couldn't you just take a usable flour for the amount you would use for flour in a recipe such as the pie crust I use often is 3 C. flour 1 C. shortening (i often use a combination of shortening, butter, and lard) 1 tsp. salt and 6 T. ice water
or check at Whole Foods or similar store and see if they have ready made crust with glutine free ingredients.
just a thought
sheila
snowball

Return to Recipes