convection oven

convection oven

Postby KatIndi » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:07 am

Picked up my 2004 Pace Arrow and went camping first time in it last weekend.

Now the c oven...is it normal for it to stop every minute? I.E. I program it to cook for 8 minutes, count down 7 stop, I push start, count down to 6 minutes stop, I push start, etc. etc. so for the 8 minutes, I had to push start 9 times!!

EEKS, what if I need to cook something for 25 minutes? Do I have to stand there and push that start every minute?

BTW, it's the same if I'm using it as microwave. count down, start, count down, start, etc.

GRRRRR!

Kat & Indi (wuf! I love that huge dog house!!)
KatIndi

Re: convection oven

Postby sharon » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:26 am

No it's not normal. It should cook for however long you program it for. Same as the microwave in your house. Did you program correctly...8.00 and not just 8?
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:55 am

Kat, can you get us the make and model? The convection microwave on my 2015 (real cheap Chinese something er other) has instructions that defy reason, including something like you're describing. We'll see if we can find you a User's Manual.

Mine's a HighPointe, if that helps. If yours is the same brand, I'll bet the stupid button punches are the same. Yes, you can program it to do 25 minutes - just need to get the manual out to do it! Grrrrr is right!

mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:20 am

I have the High Pointe Microwave. It sounds like you are just using quick feature instead of timed.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby KatIndi » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:14 pm

Yes, 8 minutes not 8 seconds! LOL

The brand is Sharp Carousel. I have the manual. So far, looks like I did everything right, but countdown still stops every minute.

Kat & Indi
KatIndi

Postby KatIndi » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:36 pm

Well, I turned it in to the service and after few checks, it was determined that it's probably circuit board or something else (cannot remember what it is now) so the service will order both and fix it later...

I hope that is it for the fixing it ups...

Kat & Indi
KatIndi

Return to Recipes