what time?

what time?

Postby snowball » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:38 pm

I know that there are lots of people who boondock at Wally World ect. and we have at times when we are traveling through at a fast pace driving late getting up early ect.. we usually try to only drive a couple hundred miles a day. We get up get stuff put away and are usually on our way mid day and ready to stop mid afternoon. Which I feel is way to early to do the wally world lot so my question is
How early is too early to stop at a lot such as Wally world and all those others mentioned???
My understanding is you shouldn't do a lot of things put out the slides bbq, satalite and when we stop at 3-4 o'clock is too early to hibernate or roam the asles and spend more than I would spend at a park.
So I'm asking what your thoughts are on this subject
Sheila
snowball

Re: what time?

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:47 am

Good question, we are usually pulling off the road by 4P.M. We do not put out the slides so we do not look like we are spending the night. We also find a area far away from the store in the parking area and make sure there are no signs posting not to park there. I'd rather be at some picnic/rest area off the main roads to spend the night. I hate the overhead lights and have to put up all my blackout shades up at Wally World and it never fails that the street cleaner comes around at the wee hours of the morning and a refer truck parks next to you !
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Re: what time?

Postby Bethers » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:59 pm

I've stopped as early as 4 or so at a Wally World. I always go in and make sure they allow parking and ask where they would prefer I park. I do that after checking for signs cuz it's not worth asking if the signs say no. I've had mgrs tell me I could stay a few days if I want. And once I went back to the same Wal-mart 2 nights in a row, but that was just a matter of circumstances.

That said, it's not camping - it's a place to spend the night. I have never put out my slide or bbq'd, etc. If I want to do that, then I'll find a local cg/rv park. But I have seen it done. And I was at one Wal-mart where they had parking lot security that came out and gave "rules" to the folks - told people where to park, etc. The security guy came up to me before I even parked - asking if I was coming to shop or overnight - I said both if that was ok - and he told me where to park and gave me a couple rules. It was really important there because they shared their parking lot, and parking in the next stores lot caused problems that would mean that Wal-mart not allowing overnight parking if it happened again.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Boondocking