EFOY battery chargers

EFOY battery chargers

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:31 pm

Came across this in an RV book. Comes from Europe so not sure if it is available here in the US yet but it sounds like a great alternative to generators while boondocking.

http://www.efoy-comfort.com/

I don't know how much it costs per month to run a generator while boondocking, but this costs about $100 per month for the fuel cartridges.

Have any of you heard of this or know someone who has used it?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: EFOY battery chargers

Postby Redetotry » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:24 pm

Sounds very interesting and safe.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby OutandAbout » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:41 pm

Thanks for posting this Barbie. It is an interesting alternative. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:05 pm

And so very pricey - multiple thousands of dollars for the initial system...YIKES!
mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:33 am

I found it at 3500 for the initial system - not including installations charges or the fuel cells or the inverter, etc - couldn't find anywhere saying how long a fuel cell lasts. It is interesting, though.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:13 am

Bethers wrote:I found it at 3500 for the initial system - not including installations charges or the fuel cells or the inverter, etc - couldn't find anywhere saying how long a fuel cell lasts. It is interesting, though.

I found the cost of fuel cells and how long the could last. That part wasn't unreasonable.
(I thought that my browsing "History" was on my old confuser, but I couldn't find it...)
mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:15 pm

I would like seeing these instead of built in generators in rv's ... Think that could be cool - and still would get my solar. Would be greener, and, in the long run, probably much less expensive -

Have seen this before - but they weren't available in the US then ... now they are. At least they weren't that I could find back then.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:17 pm

Maybe, like most things, once they get more popular or other companies make something similar, the cost will come down and will be more affordable.

These would be great for someone who does a lot of long-term boondocking.

I think I read that the fuel cells last around a month or so @ about $125 per cell.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Thought I posted a link to the companies video on youtube - guess I didn't:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vWvPwiQazI

It is something I'd be interested in - very - just like I love the rv's from Europe - see the one in the video. But they aren't allow to import them. Lots of Europeans bring them over to tour, though. Have been in several know. They are so well built ... And my size :)
Beth
Bethers

Return to Boondocking