RV Based Small Business Questions

Share your experiences, good and bad. Ask questions about workamping.

Re: RV Based Small Business Questions

Postby snowball » Sun May 19, 2013 11:37 pm

sistert wrote:I got out of the computer business because #1 I was sick of it after 18 years and #2 I have never been interested in computers. It's a means to an end but not a passion.

Mom has several options because of her craftiness. Not only selling her artwork online and to other RVers but I hope she considers coming up with a class or two and teaching at retreats/expos.

For me, my beadwork is something I want to start putting online but FOOD is my passion. I am working on one idea at the moment but many other ideas are bubbling around in my brain. Some would have no problems in a campground/park, others would need to be "politely" done and others I just have no idea if it would be feasible to try. Outside of those ideas, workamping as a cook is an obvious option.

So may ideas, so little time! :lol:

TeAntae

about your passion FOOD
here in SLC at the KOA they used to have a camper preparing food we ate there occasionally but they retired and the park no longer does it but the KOA in Needles CA had an area and last fall when I stopped for the night was going to eat there but they didn't renew the contract and noone had opted to do it...it's far enough from town that they almost need it as people don't always want to unhook when just stopping for the night just a thought that perhaps you could find a park that either wants or needs a food service person
sheila
snowball

Re: RV Based Small Business Questions

Postby JudyJB » Wed May 22, 2013 8:30 pm

This reminded me of something. I have taken a couple of cruises with Cunard and Holland American Line. They offer free cruises for people who are able to demonstrate talents and hold classes for passengers. For example, on one cruise there was someone who talked about the various kinds of pearls and showed some jewelry. She explained the history of pearl collection and jewelry and where the different kinds could be found worldwide, plus how to judge a good pearl.

There are cruises where they do similar things with food demonstration and cooking. I wonder if there are any campgrounds that would pay you or provide free camping to have you give cooking demonstrations? This would probably be more appropriate for senior campers than for the family places, I am guessing. It might be a draw for their guests and count as an activity they provide.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Previous

Return to Workamping