School-sit in Alaska

Share your experiences, good and bad. Ask questions about workamping.

School-sit in Alaska

Postby WickedLady » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:03 pm

May-August
WickedLady

Re: School-sit in Alaska

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:08 pm

Sounds like, if it's the one I know of, they'll take one month minimum commitments. Not a bad thing for while in the Anchorage area. Here's their web page for this year:
http://www.asdk12.org/events/camper_host.asp
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bikerchic777 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Thanks for sharing this idea! I'm seriously thinking of going to Alaska for a summer and am trying to find workamping opportunities there.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:04 am

If I were going to Alaska I would LOVE this. No campground owners to deal with and no campers with yelling, screaming kids and not picking up after their dogs, and stopping up the toilets, etc.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby bikerchic777 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:52 pm

My kind of place, too :D I wonder if any churches would do this, too? It would be nice to also do some work in the church office for my job. Just a thought. Any other ideas???
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

bikerchic777

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:41 pm

bikerchic777 wrote:My kind of place, too :D I wonder if any churches would do this, too? It would be nice to also do some work in the church office for my job. Just a thought. Any other ideas???

I have talked to several who have worked at the Alaska State Parks and loved it. Seems most get paid plus the site. A couple I met this summer on the way up - and we were to gtg again, well, we didn't because they liked a state park and they were short-handed, so he took the camphost job - so he could stay there and fish lol. Anyway, lots of things to do up there.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bikerchic777 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:36 pm

Beth...Seriously? The state parks pay? If you have that contact, please PM me with his info. I would love to know more!

bikerchic777

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:50 am

WOW! This sounds like a wonderful deal! Thanks for that info, and I have bookmarked that page!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Return to Workamping