Collins Street bakery - TX

Share your experiences, good and bad. Ask questions about workamping.

Collins Street bakery - TX

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:40 am

It is too late for this year but if you'd like a seasonal job next year in TX you might check out Collins Street Bakery. Article I saw said they hire about 350 seasonal workers to make/ship their famous Fruit cakes world wide.
http://www.collinstreet.com/pages/employment
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Re: Collins Street bakery - TX

Postby Birdie » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:20 pm

There are 3 COE campgrounds around the Waco area. Not much at Corsicana but some are popping up. Corsicana is near the Casita TT manufacturing plant at Rice, TX. Lindale is out east somewhere. They make a good fruit cake. The location at Waco has a nice restaurant in it. Don't know about pay, but if you got to eat the drops it might be fun. Course for us diabetics it would be a no no place to work. I speak from eating experience.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:50 am

I'll check into that another year. Would have to compare the benefits, etc - (free site, pay, etc) But since I love TX - would be nice to be there already - albeit up north. Thanks, Sarah.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Birdie » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Nah Waco and Corsicana ain't North Texas...they are North Central Texas for Waco and North Central East for Corsicana. Waco is close to Austin and Corsicana to Houston...sort of.

Remember, Texas is as big as 5 or 6 other states put together so we take our locations dang serious. Austinites and San Antonionians argue which is more "central". I figure Austin is pretty central...60 miles north of SA!!! So SA is South Central. If it was like the greater Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex, SA and Austin both would be burbs of each other as it is nearly 120 miles from east part of the DFW metroplex to the west and about 100 north to south. It is getting there but it will be another 5 years before they will be co-joined.

However, having said all that....it is colder there than way down here. Waco has good water areas...great kayak country and the Christmas rush time would be a good time to be there.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby Bethers » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Birdie, I consider both north lol. And I consider it too cold to winter in Hill Country, and almost too cold to winter in the Port Aransas area. I've been north, south, east and west in TX - very few parts I haven't been to (before rving, and now rving). Love the differences - but anything Waco and north - to me is north TX - no matter what it really is. That said, it's further south than I am now :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Workamping