Job Opening

Share your experiences, good and bad. Ask questions about workamping.

Job Opening

Postby bigmamma6868 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:33 pm

There is a open (non-paying) job......I hope it's ok, but I have just taken a camp host position (my 1st one) and there is a open slot if anyone is looking for (a work for site) position. It is in Freeport, Tx (south of Houston) the beach is a short walk away. I can hear the waves from where I sit. It is called Quintanta Beach County Park. Site includes full hook-ups, free WiFi, free Ice, no cable, but there is laundry facilities in the park. The job could start right now, runs until Jan1, 2012. They have slots open in March- to July as of right now. If intrested, call is 1-800-872-7578 if I can answer any questions, my # is 620-340-3560. This is my 1st work camping job, so I was thrilled to get it, and start right away! :| Thanks Jacque
bigmamma6868

Re: Fall job market

Postby Bethers » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:19 pm

I split this off so more people can see it. Screwed up and Tina's response didn't follow, but hopefully she'll forgive me.

Glad you have your first job. That's an area I'd definitely be interested in another time, so will save the info. Keep us informed.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Job Opening

Postby longdog2 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:44 pm

I just looked at the Dixieland RV Park in Carmine where we are having the Brenham GTG next week and they have a notice on their site that they are looking for workcampers too but there are no details so you would have to call if interested.
Traveling with the Longdogs
Colleen (Willy,Gretchen,Harley)

http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/
2009 299RLS Jayco 5vr
F250 SuperDuty Diesel Truck
longdog2

Postby bigmamma6868 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Thank you for your replies. Bethers, This is a pretty place, thank your for spliting this to a new forum? Can I do that on my own? This would be a hopping place in the summer, but right now there are 4 campers here, 2 are guys that work in nearby, me and the camp supervisor has her rig here as she was the camp host until I showed up. She will move her rig when she gets a host. Weekends are busier... :D ***********Important************ December has been filled for the camp host position.**** :( Just need someone for the rest of November.*********

Longdog2..... I did call Dixieland RV Park a long time ago, when I first saw it on the website, and they said they thought they had someone and for me to call back the next week, which I did, and the position was filled. Thank you for the notice. ****I am still looking for somewhere to go after January 1. There is a possble job, in San Benito, Tx (Palmdale RV Resort)which is VERY close to Mexico.... I have been told not to go there, because of all the problems with kidnappings, murders and such.... anyone know the place? is it safe? :?: :? My son's say I should stay clear of that far south..... Anyone have an opinion?????? Thanks all. Jacque
bigmamma6868

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:24 pm

Jacque, check with the Texas State Parks - they use camp hosts and other positions - first time usually requires 2 months, then you can do one month stints. The further south, the harder to get in - so no, it's usually safe at most of the TX southern parks - it's where the snowbirds head. And some of the border towns from TX are still safe. But you need to be watchful.

It's harder to get the jobs in the warmer climates in the winter - there are more people vying for them. Snowbirds who don't workamp summers take up lots of the positions at rv parks in the winter to save on their rent. So it is more challenging, and often you have to take some of the more fringe areas - like where you are - and where it's not as warm. But dang, Port Aransas wasn't so warm my winter there - still loved it though. Will be back in Jan, but not working this year.

As to spliting, no you can't do that - but you can simply START a new topic. Go into the forum that the topic belongs in - like this is Workamping, then click to start a NEW topic. There you go :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Workamping