Prayers answered...New job!

Share your experiences, good and bad. Ask questions about workamping.

Prayers answered...New job!

Postby bikerchic777 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:05 pm

I got an email from Workamper Hotline a few days ago for cleaning workampers. I called and left a message two days in a row and finally got a call this morning. The guy's name is Jack. Jack said that all he had left was an office job and asked if I was interested in that. He explained it to me and gave me the website to look at and call him back. I took the job :D He had the gal in the office call me. Her name is Linda, too 8-) I will have to be Linda Sue there ;) It's 20 hrs/wk for a full hookup site and sounds pretty stress free. I should be able to work a part time job for pay around it. Here is the website for the park: http://www.superstitionbuttes.com/

I won't be staying in CA long since I have to get to Apache Junction for my job there so hoping we can find a place for Barbie real quick. Of course, she will have to decide between all of her options for work first ;) I will still get to see my friends in CA so that is good :D

Thanks for the support, girls! I will keep you posted.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Re: Prayers answered...New job!

Postby Liz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:07 am

Nice looking place, congratulations!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Birdie » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:19 am

Hey Linda Sue, and I bet you haven't been called that in a long time.
Congrats on the job as I am sure it gives you great relief. You are going to be in close range to "Ava". I can see GTG's happening up there soon. Have a safe journey out West.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby cpatinjones » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:06 am

Great news!!!
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby VickieP » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:34 am

That's good news, Linda! I know it's a load off your mind and it looks like a great place.

How long will the job last?
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:35 pm

Hooray!! Great news! :D
AlmostThere

Postby Redetotry » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:51 pm

So happy for you Linda!!! It will be much better than the other place I'm sure, things happen for a reason.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:53 pm

For me, it is bittersweet :( . I am very happy that you found a great job since I know how nervous you were about finding something soon. But I am going to miss having you with me to do stuff together in California. At least you will be there for a week or so to help me find a temporary place to live until I figure out where I will be working. If I didn't have my heart so set on California, I would go with you to Phoenix. Who am I going to celebrate my 50th birthday with now?? :( I will need to find a new hiking partner as well. Guess I will have to get myself a dog now, to keep me company :roll:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby bikerchic777 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:55 pm

Ok, Barbie...I'm feeling the guilt :oops: You will be fine! You are very personable and will make friends easily. Not that a dog is a bad idea ;) You know how badly I wanted to be in southern CA! Unfortunately, I have to go where the work is. We will get together somehow :D

To everyone else...Thanks for the words of encouragement :D Yes, I will definitely GTG with Ava. I'm usually only called Linda Sue by one of my older sisters and her DD (my niece). My plan is to get there on Oct. 26th and stay until sometime in April. They said I could stay on longer if I want. It will depend on if I have a job to come back to in IA.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Return to Workamping