Fired already!

Share your experiences, good and bad. Ask questions about workamping.

Fired already!

Postby bikerchic777 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:34 pm

I can't believe this! I sent an email to my boss at Joshua Tree National Park just to check in. Apparently, she didn't communicate well with the original lady I talked to to realize that I'm not retired and had planned to work a part time job as well as the volunteer job at the park. She has decided that I'm not the right person for the job and told me to reapply when I retire :shock: How rude!!! She thinks the volunteer job is too demanding. I somehow don't believe that :roll: Especially if they want retired people for the job. Anyway....that means I'm back to square one! I'm broadening my search to AZ and NV, also. I'm kind of committed to going west this year. So, if anyone knows of a good work camping job that provides a site plus pay, or is about 20 hrs/wk so I have time to work a part time job, let me know!
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Re: Fired already!

Postby cpatinjones » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:10 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. That was wrong of that lady to do that. I know you will find something even better than that job was going to be! Keep the faith.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Return to Workamping