Searching in Palm Springs Area for Winter 2010.

Share your experiences, good and bad. Ask questions about workamping.

Re: Searching in Palm Springs Area for Winter 2010.

Postby sharon » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:19 am

dcricket wrote:Well where ever you park your rig in SoCal Palm Springs area give a hollar as its not that far from me and any excuse to get away for a visit would be Great :) Good luck with your search.

Oh sure, you tell her that...you're my BFF and I have to book months in advance just to get a breakfast with you! Don't believe a word she says, she talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk! :lol: She can't help it, she's a hard worker with a golfing and fishing DH that she spends all her off time with. But I don't mind, he's a sweetie!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby bikerchic777 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:58 am

If I make it to Southern CA, maybe we can all arrange a GTG. I'm sure others would be interested in the winter; -) Now, I just need to find a job out there!!!
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:46 pm

I'll most likely be there too! I already sent in my application for my California Cosmetology license. I will start sending out resumes in a week or so. Ideally, I would like to start a job around the 1st of October, that way I could fit in the AR GTG and then take Route 66 west to Palm Springs (Linda, are you game for that?) in time to start working. However, I can't be too fussy, so whenever and whereever I get an offer, I will take it... hopefully it will all work out for both me and Linda as far as good jobs and good timing!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby bikerchic777 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:11 pm

Ideally, I would like to start a job around the 1st of October, that way I could fit in the AR GTG and then take Route 66 west to Palm Springs (Linda, are you game for that?) in time to start working.

Well, if all goes well here, I will be working through the month of Sept. I just don't see how I will be able to sync it with you, Barbie, as much as I would love to caravan with you :cry: If your new job doesn't start until mid Oct. or Nov. 1st, then maybe we can hook up on the way if you stall and go to the Branson GTG, etc. Of course, everything is dependent upon my finding a winter job. I got a return phone call from a girlfriend of mine in Yucca Valley, CA today. She and her husband retired from Joshua Tree National Park, but she doesn't really know people there anymore. She did give me some ideas from places they have stayed in their fifth wheel, so I will check on them tomorrow.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

bikerchic777

Postby bikerchic777 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Just wanted to update you on my progress. I got a work camping job as a camp host at Joshua Tree National Park for the winter :D It's a volunteer job for my site so I'm still searching for my paying job. I'm sure I got it by dropping my friend, Carol's, name. The lady did call her and she said Carol was very complimentary :o Carol and her husband retired from the park and I've known them for years. I have to be there Oct. 18th. I called the Eyeglasses Plus store, but the mgr just hired a new gal. I had her take my phone number just in case she doesn't work out. You never know ;) I was on the opening crew for that store when it was a different company. That was the start of my Opticianry career. I'm kind of hoping that my girlfriend, Lori, can hook me up with some home health care work, like cooking and cleaning for elderly. She is a Hospice nurse so has connections. I love networking :D If I can't find anything in the high desert, then I may look down below, where Barbie will be, for work.

bikerchic777

Postby cpatinjones » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Good news. It will all work out. :)
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:51 am

It all seems to be doing just that!! Fingers crossed on a paying job, too.
AlmostThere

Postby bikerchic777 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, girls ;) The search continues.

bikerchic777

Previous

Return to Workamping