Job ideas.

Share your experiences, good and bad. Ask questions about workamping.

Job ideas.

Postby bikerchic777 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Hey! Wondering if anyone has some great ideas for jobs. I would like to maybe work 6 mos in the south in the winter, then 6 mos somewhere north in the summer. Would love a job that has benefits that would let me transfer seasonally. I read somewhere that Wal-Mart would do that. Anyone doing this?
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Re: Job ideas.

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:17 am

Do you have a rig to live in while working? Never heard of a job where benefits transfer. Walmart is notorious for not putting people fulltime so they don't have to pay benefits. Most of us that workcamp do so for our site/electric and some jobs also pay a salary. We work at RV parks or state/federal parks. Go to our workamping thread for more info.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:06 am

I'll bet Walmart would be a good idea. you could pretty much choose whatever part of the country you wanted to see next. Good luck!
Cedar518

Postby Birdie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:13 pm

Eddie Bauer does that kind of thing for part-time workers and probably would for full-timers if you were interested in floor sales. Perhaps other stores would do that.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby bikerchic777 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Thanks for the input! I'm a nationally Certified Optician so will check to see if Wal-Mart Vision Center opticians are employed by Wal-Mart. A possibility, but will have to go to states that don't require a state license, so I don't have to go back to school, etc. I would like to work camp, too, for my site...if that's possible. I'm thinking anything is possible, right? Probably if I clean bathrooms, which I'm not to proud to do, I could do that early in the morning, then go to work. I have worked in retail, so thanks for the Eddie Bauer suggestion. I will check that also. Keep the ideas flowing! I love the support!
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Return to Workamping