My moment of fame.

Share your experiences, good and bad. Ask questions about workamping.

Re: My moment of fame.

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:01 am

Way to go, Linda! Enjoyed the article.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Liz » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:07 am

Great article, Linda!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Riafromnj » Sun May 18, 2014 11:06 pm

Linda, I read your article long before I read you post here. I am a nurse who is researching the full-time lifestyle for myself. I have about a ten year plan. My intention is to work at campsites (not as a nurse, of course). I have received some good advice so far. Most full-timers say it is hard to stay afloat financially with out an outside income. Have you found that to be the case. Do you have any recommendations for me? Thank you so much!
Maria
Riafromnj

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon May 19, 2014 9:47 am

I will answer that for her for now... she isn't retired yet, so yes, she does struggle financially without additional income. Most places just give her a free site so she tries to find other part time work to pay for food, bills, etc. She had had some tough times occasionally. She does work at Amazon in the late fall to get extra income. Others on here do that too. Their warehouses are always looking for full-timers to work for them for the Christmas season, so that is something to look into.

Linda doesn't check in here very often but I will let her know of your questions so she can answer them herself, as well.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Mon May 19, 2014 11:20 am

There are lots of jobs out there that include site and pay. Those are the ones I look for. I'm not retired either, and need the pay.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bikerchic777 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:26 pm

Wowsers! I need to check in more often :o As usual, my sistahs have made me feel like a million bucks! I love you girls!!! It does feel pretty cool to have an article written about me 8-) I like being an inspiration for other women. Some of you have seen me through a lot and know what I have struggled with. I just love the friends I've made along the way. I call them my RVing family. I stopped in at Children's Eye Clinic, where I used to work. It's not the same and I think it's God's way of telling me not to go back. I would love to have someone to travel with, besides Rags and Brutus, but if it's in God's plan, it will happen. For now, this is my life, and I'm happy with it.

Update: I found out on Friday that I got a job with Amazon that I applied for. It's like Beth did last fall, out in CA, training at a new facility. I will be going to DE for a few days, in early July, for training. Then, I will go to NJ from July 19 to Sept 24 to train people. It will be for a position that I haven't tried, yet, so I have to learn it first, but that's OK. I enjoy teaching and am excited about this new opportunity!

Thank you, Barbie, for filling in for me and also, for keeping me informed on when I need to check in ;) Love you, girl! I do hope we can gtg before I head east.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Previous

Return to Workamping