New career potential

Share your experiences, good and bad. Ask questions about workamping.

New career potential

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:50 am

Read on Nick Russell' blog today about a seminar being put on to train for RV technicians....If they offer it once, you could probably find another one down the road. It is one of those possibilities from outside the box. For those of you who already have some skill and finesse in those areas it could provide a whole other revenue stream..... I suppose you would need to enlarge your tool chests.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: New career potential

Postby VickieP » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:44 am

BirdbyBird wrote: For those of you who already have some skill and finesse in those areas it could provide a whole other revenue stream..... I suppose you would need to enlarge your tool chests.....

I think Mitch would be great at this....but she decided to not enlarge her chest. :roll: :lol: :lol:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Bethers » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:01 pm

I thought about the class just for me with my rv. I think you'd have to really stay and make a connection somewhere to use it at rv parks like they talk about. But I can see it with some potential. I was invited haha to the first class. Invite is such an interesting word when there is cost involved.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:39 pm

I would LOVE to take a class like that!
Who's Nick Russell?

And Ms. Vickie, I DID get a bigger chest already...I guess kind of a substitution/replacement thing...

I was looking at a bigger one, but I figured once it got filled, I couldn't lift it.
mitch5252

Postby VickieP » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:45 pm

mitch5252 wrote:..
I would LOVE to take a class like that!
Who's Nick Russell?

http://gypsyjournalrv.com/category/nicksblog/

They publish a newsletter for rv'ers.

This is from his blog:
Jumping to yet another subject, the nice folks at Workamper News, in partnership with Mobile RV Academy, are holding the RV Maintenance Technician for Campgrounds course at the Colorado Heights Resort in Monument, Colorado September 23rd– 27th. Taught by Terry Cooper, the Texas RV Professor, an RVDA/RVIA Master Certified RV technician and professional instructor/trainer, the hands-on course prepares students to diagnose and deal with 80% of the issues RVs develop that are easy to access and fix.

The RV Maintenance Technician for Campgrounds course was created to train workampers with technical skills to improve their marketability to future campground employers. Students will receive training in key RV systems including electrical, propane, water systems (sewer and fresh), RV appliances, air conditioners, water heaters, furnaces and refrigerators, and RV exterior systems. Along with the technical training, students interested in developing their own RV Inspection business will have live course modules during the training week. For more information, visit http://www.workamper.com/cgtech.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Nick Russell...of the Gypsy Journal blog, etc. He also used to run a couple of small rallies each year... :)

http://gypsyjournalrv.com/category/nicksblog/

or on edit...what VIckie says
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:47 pm

Gosh, I would LOVE that.
Maybe next year.

THanks!

mitch5252

Return to Workamping