Campbellsville, KY Amazon

Share your experiences, good and bad. Ask questions about workamping.

Campbellsville, KY Amazon

Postby jaguarbird11 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:45 am

Can anyone give me any info about the campgrounds in that area? Which ones have you used before? How easy is it to ride share? What advice can you give a noob? lool Thanks :D
jaguarbird11

Re: Campbellsville, KY Amazon

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:20 am

I spent 2 years working there. I preferred staying at the state park, because it's beautiful and peaceful. The cg's near to Amazon are gravel pits with rigs on top of each other. Most want the one closest just for convenience. I wanted for my few hours not working to be in an environment I enjoyed.

I made a wonderful friend my first year working and we shared driving ... we both went back the 2nd year and continued doing that (made sure we were on the same start date/shift, etc) Many people need to find others to share driving. But if you get the closest park, you can actually walk (Heartland). Hardest place to get into for that reason.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Campbellsville, KY Amazon

Postby jaguarbird11 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:34 pm

Thank you for your response! I was thinking the campground as it looks like the only place with trees? I guess I'll just have to go and figure it out! Thats the adventure right?
jaguarbird11

Return to Workamping